Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. This is kinda off topic, But I belive every one has a Cell phone these days. Recently I purchased a Sprint PCS Phone. I was very unsatisfied.  
no Service In area's it said it should, dropped calls, and had problems getting a signal in doors.  So according to the lady i purchased it From i could return it with only paying my activation fee.. Sweet!  First bill shows up they double charged me for my activation fee, and signed me up for the wrong program.  Upset over my High bill which should have been rather cheep, i returned the phone with in the time allowed. But Soon recieved a Bill for another high amount and was again upset. Soon after that another bill for 150 for a cancelation fee. After soome stuggle over the phone the Cancelation fee was dropped, and left with a activation fee that was okay. But Told me i had to pay for the first month of use, which i barley used and Dropped about every call i made!  Needless to day I was rather up set. The lady told me i only would have to pay the actiovation fee. Not the first month of use. How much if my fault.. Not sure.. But They did try to screw me every way they could.. But my suggestion to every one out there, is to Stay Away from sprint PCS. Phone's.  Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I don't have one...yet.  I would like to get one so I am glad you posted about your bad dealings with Sprint pcs!  Thanks alot

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Hey buddie cant you get your money back?? same thing happened to my dad. He couldnt get service at the lake and the map showed service he got his cash back easy

·
Registered
165 Posts
I HAVE NEXTEL AND NO PROBLEM'S YET 2 YEARS +
   oops caps lock stuck didnt mean to yell

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had the same problem with Nokia, i thought they where bad phones as well.  Had no range in our town and there is a tower right here, messages would show up 2 days after they where left, not good for a buisness.  
A buddy of mine bought 2 Nokias for his parents for christmas, there's where also garabage.  They took them back for Motorallas, apperently they work awsome.
For me i have a Mike phone from tellus, it has the 2 way and text messaging, can check your e-mail with it, it does everything under the sun, and it works awsome.  Very happy with it.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
i was with cantel for 7 great years and then i started getting 300$/ month bills, they said i was using to much minuets and they had no better plan for me so i switched with bellmobility. So far no problems with them and im on my second year now

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've had SprintPCS in the Metro Detroit Area for 3 years now. No problems at all. Excellent service too!

I do notice their lack of coverage is the Northern Lower (MI) though. I'm usually on Roam in Gladwin.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have sprint and also do not have service in NE MI. there are no towers over there. If I had service I would do-away with my phone at the cabin and save $30.00 a month. I have a Motorola star-tac phone though and it sucks. You can't even hear it ring with the volume way up unless you are listening for it. Kevin

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have been CellOne(Cingular) user for over 12 years.  Never had a problem.  There are places that the best phones will not work.  Most of these places are inside buildings.  Out in the open, it always works.  I always have a signal.  Even in the most barren places.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have Sprint and the customer service sucks believe me!

As for how well the phones work-they work pretty good and the clarity is better than any company out there. Often people think that I'm at home and when I tell them I'm on my cell they just say wow, that sounds just like your home phone!

They dont have any service past Gaylord, which sucks, but they will within the next year or so. When they eventually have all of their towers up, they will have the best service I'm sure-they have been ahead of the digital game for a couple of years before anyone else started their changeover from analog to digital.

Again, their customer service sucks, and I have had nothing but problems with my billing and other things related to customer service. They did moniter my last problem call and a manager called me back and they gave me a deal I just couldn't refuse to stay with them for all of my problems. So I'm pretty happy for the time being.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i've had two celphones the first time i had one it wasn't enough and got another one, they're not for me. i couldn't get away from work, i'd be away and someone from work would call with a problem. finally when i was driving up the road my son tried to make a call and the terd wouldn't work so he threw it out the window. he said you never get a call that you like with it and when you want to use it the thing says no service, i have never missed it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I just had to amend my Sprint comment. I was just informed Friday I had to contact Sprint because my area code has changed. They turned off my phone on me so "I would call customer service". They couldn't send me a text message???

Anyway, It is Sunday night and I still do not have a phone!! I'll be visiting my nearest Sprint outlet Monday AM to get this freakin' thing resolved.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I have had a couple of different cell phones over the last few years and they are all crap in the woods, so i am seriously thinking about getting a sattelite phone, they will work anywhere.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts