Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Amsoil all the way, become a dealer or a prefered customer you will save the money back on the first case. Burn much cleaner than regular OEM skidoo oil, better for exaust valves and spark plugs stay much cleaner. We have done the comparisons and i will not go back. Although i do use 2 litres and a bit in the tank for intial breakin of new sled.Basically it is a better product for less $.
                                      Permafrost

·
Registered
625 Posts
I too run Amsoil, and I have heard that it can be bought as cheap as $15.00 per gallon, but I have paid $17.00 in quart bottles.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Lots of good oil available, question is, why pay the long dollar?

Amsoil all the way, paying 50 bucks for a case of gallons, delivered.

AL

·
Registered
518 Posts
I too run Amsoil synthetic. My friend uses Arctic Blue. He says it works just fine and price is not bad either, not sure how much though.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Steve, you can buy Yamalube-S2 for $10.00 per gal. at any Yamaha open house every fall or at snow shows all day long.
Pick up a case or two and your ready for the season, that's about $80.00 bucks for 8 gallons, I know you cant buy 8 gal. of amsoil for $80.00 bucks.

Just cant see spending the big buck for a little more protection unless your going to keep the sled forever.

Why does no one talk about the protection value of full synthetic oils, just how it smells and  low smoke? Is that alone worth paying thru the nose for oil?

·
Registered
404 Posts
AMSOIL...Nothing but the best...Series 2000 Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil.  "If you drive the best...feed it the best"

·
Registered
316 Posts
I agree, run the AMSOIL Race 2000 oil. It doesn't stink and no smoke either. Mikadoo, the smell is worth it. If you follow 4 or 5 other sleds in the trail, you will cuss Artic Blue and Polaris Gold. Ok, you will cuss all the "factory" oils. They stink and make you sick. Following someone using Klotz TCW3 or AMSOIL is so much better. That is the AMSOIL Race 2000. The regular oil seems to have more smell. It was so bad I had to offer to buy the Klotz for my other riders. Be kind to those behind you!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Mikadoo, thats interesting, I to tend to buy the  low smoke, good smelling stuff, but for what reason? , I`m not sure,but you would assume if    it cost more its at least got the ability to work better, but obviously the guy`s thats dooing,  the marketing can also influence the smell and smoke to sell whatever. I`m sorta sold on amsoil, I doo some bad stuff sometimes to motors, and it works or me, but tje bottom line,. as always, is good to find.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Whether it was the racing gas or the oil the Sno-Pro guys used at the Kawartha Cup oval races in Peterborough, if I could burn that stuff for the smell I'd be in heaven

Does the gas that Klotz sells in the 5 gallon can burn with a smell?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I ran Klotz for over 400 miles just because the tank was full when I bought it used. I agree, it does smell real good but it still smoked just as bad. I just cant bring myself to pay $32.00 a gallon for premium oil when I have put 12000 miles on engines running $10.00 a gal. Yamalube with no more smoke than the Klotz.
I do ride with several in a group and they just dont smoke and stink as bad as they used too. The only oil that I really hate is regular skidoo oil, very stinking and smokey and leave a lot of deposits......

·
Registered
373 Posts
I run Klotz, I can buy it for $22.00 a gallon, the rave valves stay way cleaner and it is much less smokey than petro based oil and it smells good, IMO it's the best smelling oil I have ridden behind Amzoil users and that stuff may be great oil but it stinks, ski-doo synthetic stinks pretty bad too.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I have run Amsoil the last 2 winters. Last year on our trip to northern Ontario I had to put 2 liters of Ski-doo Formula XPS in it when I ran out of my supply  
The guys behind me started whining soon after about the stink.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Amsoil here, leaves the raves sparkling clean, now only if they could make it with a nice lemon smell I could use it to clean the dishes  

1 - 20 of 26 Posts