Snowmobile World banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nothing beats a good day in the mountains!! What I don't understand though is why everyone says they get stuck so much when riding in powder...???

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've ridden an xlt with a 121x 1 1/2" track for the last 9 years in western and central Montana and I've finally reached the age to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! In January a friend and I went to Big Sky and rode Buck Creek Ridge after a 3' dump. I had my xlt and he had his rmk Vertical Edge. I was one sad and sore fellow. It's true that the rider has a lot to do with how the sled performs in the powder but under some conditions even the best rider is going to be humbled. C'mon Crazy, give the flat landers a break. Anyone from the west that hasn't been laughable stuck and stripped to the waist digging out just isn't having fun no matter what you ride. :D btw crazy, do you ride a CMX? Just curious because I see them testing them in the area that I ride evey now and then. One Cool Sled :) Have fun this winter people.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
my buddy has a 700 151" 2"paddle and it makes my 800 136" 1.25" look silly,when im stuck on a hill he just motors past me like nothing :D ill be putting a 1.75" on at mid season,that will help climbing quite a bit,ill just have to stay off the trails then

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Is there a good 1.5" track that will work good on the trails also? And how big of a difference in handling is there between a 136 versus a 144? All comments welcomed here guys/gals.
Caleb

·
Registered
120 Posts
sled dogg,I have a 136" by 1.75 track on my sled and my brother has a 144" by 2" on his,when we switch sleds I noticed no differance on the trails

21 - 25 of 25 Posts