Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been thinking of putting the k&n filters on my 99 zrt 800,  i was wondering if anybody had any practical experience with them.   wheather they work,  cost,  i think i have heard you have to jwt up two sizes.   thanks for any info.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've never used them, but I know a couple of guys that do grass drags.  They use them during the grass drag season, but they use their regular air boxes in the winter time.  Don't know why, but they must make a little more power

·
Registered
172 Posts
I use them on all my sleds and have yet to have a problem.    much easier to jet with them.     just jet accordingly and you shouldn't have any probs

Get a little more intake noise too, which btw is always good

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thsnks  i thought i would like them better then the sirbox becuse of how loose the airbox sites on the carbs,  plus the ease of chnging jets when we out west.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
From my experiences I would recommend kick a$$ filters for runing in snow and the k&ns for if you run grass drags or ice drags.  The kick a$$ filters seem to do better in the powder, even if the k&ns have the pre chargers....JMO

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks,   i have been trying to decide,  anyone else with any info,    are you heading over to the gun show this weekend at the alerus?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts