Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
I just got a brand new 08 M8 snopro, and I was out riding today, nothing hard because I am still breaking it in. However, when I was coming home an alarm came in saying "ECU 21" which means knock sensor failure. I limped home and shut it down, I went and checked the manual to see what it was. The sled had been shut off for a good 20min and fired it up and the alarm was gone. Do you think I should bring it in to the shop or just keep riding until it comes in again. It seems like it is running strong and nothin wrong with it. I am not sure why this alarm came in, I am running premium.

Any info would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
This could be something as simple as that crap gas that Cat uses and sits for a few months. I would however check your sensor to make sure it is tight, if not make sure to remove and clean contact area and apply red loctite to the surface area only, not the threads. However you have warranty on it so it is your call as to ride it or take it in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that may be exactly what it was. The crappy regular that was sitting in it for however long. I talked to the dealer and he said since it cleared it should be okay. He said I might have got the sensor wet, as I was riding in a lot of powder. If it comes in again he says to bring it in..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts