Snowmobile World banner

Krell... Need More Post In Ct!

3K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  krellheat 
#1 ·
I know there are more CT people, but 1 post in CT. Help me out and lets add more....HAHA :D

#4 ·
HAHAHA, but I made you post!!
Got your sled all wrapped up for the season? I have to take mine apart. gas leak again....It's coming from the installation of my electric gas guage. Done by the dealer.

#5 ·
HAHAHA, but I made you post!!
Got your sled all wrapped up for the season? I have to take mine apart. gas leak again....It's coming from the installation of my electric gas guage. Done by the dealer.
[/b]
I have to replace the bulk head on my Firecat--bent it this past winter--insurance covered it. Insurance would have totaled the sled but I told them I would repair it. Got a new bulkhead and 300 rivets.

I have yet begun the tear down. Just completed session and the last week of session was hell. 70 hours from Friday to Wednesday--yes that means one 28 hour day!!

Also got to stud the replacement track--insurance paid for that too.

My other sled is tucked away until August when I then teardown that one.

BTW: It is against the law to drink in your driveway while your car is running. It is now a DUI criminal offences. Got to www.cga.ct.gov and type 599 in the search box at top click go.

for those interested in forming a snowmobile club in Ct to go sledding up north click here

#6 ·
I hope you have a pnuematic rivet gun. The top to my trailer was 1000 rivets. Aluminumrivets isn't so bad, but trying to hold something together, while squeezing a handle, the parts move and imperfection begins to show. I have a 33 gal compressor, but no rivet gun yet. I had to borrow. Let me know if you need a hand, I'd be willing to help.
SS rivets, get a pnuematic rivet gun. Way to hard to pop.

#7 ·
I hope you have a pnuematic rivet gun. The top to my trailer was 1000 rivets. Aluminumrivets isn't so bad, but trying to hold something together, while squeezing a handle, the parts move and imperfection begins to show. I have a 33 gal compressor, but no rivet gun yet. I had to borrow. Let me know if you need a hand, I'd be willing to help.
SS rivets, get a pnuematic rivet gun. Way to hard to pop.
[/b]

Yes I have a pneumatic rivet gun and 33 gal air compressor--bought then when I was half way riveting by hand a track for my 73 Panther. I could do about 10 rivets a day by hand.

Harborfreight.com had some specials on both one day. I would have bought locally but could not find a rivet gun big enough and cheap enough.

#8 ·
I here you on price. I just picked up a package of three pnuematic nailer today at Sears plus I got another $25 rebate for the purchase. Total $145 for all three. One is a stapler, 2nd Brad nailer and 3rd is a finished nailer. Now I can do a lot more wood work more quickly vs screwing everything together.
What do you have for a compressor? I bought the Craftmans up right with 6HP. Just enough juice for my Impact and rachet. My cutting wheel does its share of eating up air as well.

#9 ·
I here you on price. I just picked up a package of three pnuematic nailer today at Sears plus I bot another $25 rebate for the purchase. Total $145 for all three. One is a stapler, 2nd Brad nailer and 3rd is a finished nailer. Now I can do a lot more wood work more quickly vs screwing everything together.
What do you have for a compressor? I bought the Craftmans up right with 6HP. Just enough juice for my Impact and rachet. My cutting wheel does its share of eating up air as well.
[/b]

A Sears clone from Harbor Freight. I use the pneutamic impact wrench alot. Also have a 3/8 drill which came in very handy when drilling holes and installing studs on a track--244 of them. Next was thinking of picking up a die grinder.

Which model sears 3:1 tool is it? Is the rebate still around?

#10 ·
Rebate ends today. You have to spend $145 or more on a tool for it.

I got the die grinder for the bench with wire brush...Sears. About 95% of my tools are Craftman. I watch the Craftman Club sales very carefully for close outs as well as visit stores watching for open package returns. I have saved a lot of money on the open returns.
Air Drill I do not have. I already own 3 electric and two battery drills. I need a bigger bottom rolling box or better yet the attached side box for my bottom box for more room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.