Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TATA map shows L61 ending @ Newberry Lake, just south of A105Q. W/ the changes to our trip, that looks like a good way to make a loop & reduce doubling back on TOP A all the way back to Cochrane.

Can you run from the lake up to A105Q to make a loop? it doesn't look far. I'll have my GPS & have the track for A105Q, (which Rod @ Lillabelle has said has been groomed) so we should be able to do it. I can't see people riding up from IF then turning around when you're not far from Cochrane.

·
Registered
329 Posts
rev

does your mapping show wade lake. i'm know the quebec trail crosses the road there and i'm pretty sure the IF trail meets it there. if not you can just run the road for a bit and you will see where the quebec trail crosses.

pm me if you need more info.

dahmer

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dahmer, yes Wade Lake is shown & it's just up the road from Newberry Lake. If we decide to take this loop, it shouldn't be hard to find A105Q. I see on Mapsource that there is a road from IF up to Hwy 652, is this unplowed & groomed or ditch running?

We're arriving in Cochrane on Saturday & heading up to the Canyon on Sunday for a day trip before we head west.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
329 Posts
rev

the road is open and there is alot of logging on that road. be careful. the ofsc trail follows beside the road. i'm not exactly sure when the trail stops but you can follow the road up to the quebec trail. again have a good eye for the logging trucks.

dahmer

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We tried to ride the trail, but it needs some more snow & another groomer pass. We ran about 5 miles on it then jumped over to the road. Luckily there was snow on the edge. Yes, we met 2 southbound trucks motoring along. It was Saturday, so it may not have been as busy as during the week.

A105Q back towards Cochrane & the Genier Loop was in good shape :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts