Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would you guys expect to pay labour for an engine rebuild? State your currency too please..
       I want to know because I am looking at a bill that seems a bit high, and want to know whether to go back to this guy or not.  

·
Registered
852 Posts
Down here labour is spelled labor... couldnt resist that, If you drop the motor off I`m thinking 8hours, at top buck, around 450 bucks u.s. Pulling the crank, boring  fitting, etc. If its done right, and your happy, its priceless.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Over here it is spelled labour.  If it simple you shouldn't have to do the crank possible clean up the cylinders $200,  for a top-end gasket kit $100,  for 2 piston kits (not OEM) $250.  To re&re in is a simple job some anti-freeze i perdict 3 hrs. max.  
           $200  cylinders
           $100  gasket kit
           $250  piston kits
[email protected]$55   $155  labour
         =$705 x1.15(ontario taxes)
         =$810.75
Ok Rocketman how did i do.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
grn....you're a little off on your labour cost...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Rocketman not enough time or low labour, I'm trying to start a buisness
l0l i can't even spell it.  I know the dealer i use is $55/hr  it don't take that long to do a re7re.  I tore my Dad's cougar down yesterday at lunch.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's one way of looking at it

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
rocketman & grn800,
 ryrto1 thinks that in canada we buy a 6 six pack then we multply it times 2 and add 32 so that we have a metric 6 pack that is really 44 beers.  

·
Registered
858 Posts
To get back to the question, I completly dissasembled and reassembled my engine in a day, about 8 hr. I never did this before and had only canadian tire hand tools. Not to mention that I kept going to my computer to check the manual. I'd figure at a shop, they could do it in 5 hrs. I had a ring brake off two yrs ago, it was on partial warrenty, I had to pay labour 250,00$. By the way, if a canadian six pack = 44 american beers, how much would that be in Quebec beers  

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
for a tear down that was the cause of a pto bearing the labour was $350.00 tax inc on my twin.

p.s. ac,  that is an unfair question because your beers are twice as big as ontario beers. you were laughing when you asked that question.

·
Registered
307 Posts
So paul since i don't like beer, but LOVE rye does that equation work the same as rye, ah don't matter have the time you ask for rye they give you water.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
grn800,
 no different for the rye because quebec'ers don't like whisky they wants beers. besides it's an art too make beers, booze can be made in a bath tub.

·
Registered
858 Posts
gnr800, If you don't like beer then you probably been drinking that yellow stuff with bubbles they serve you in bars. You should try "la fin du monde" or end of the world in english. It's a Quebec beer, 9% alc. and has nothing to do with the usual horse piss.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
ac,
 a couple of my french buddies, say {spelling wrong} apree du champagnouis, step on the mushroom when they want me to gas it and go faster to get somewhere. have you heard that before ?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how did the cost to tear down and build an engine turn into a symposium of beer conoseurs?

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
rocketman,
 i am sure you can blame it on someone other than me. well try anyways.

okay i'll take just a shade of the blame.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha...thanks Paul...I think I spelled conseurs wrong anyway. I blame the french

1 - 20 of 29 Posts