Snowmobile World banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
$400 labour only...the actuall bill was way bigger with all the pieces....Is that too much? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Paul, took me a while to understand not sure if I got it right, translation would be "after champagne, we step on the mushroom" and no I've never heard that expression before.

Rocketman, Seems a bit high but not that much. The high labour prices are the reson why I'm now doing all the work on my toys. I find it alot cheaper to invest in good tools and do the work myself than to pay someone to do it. I also know who to blame if something goes wrong. If I need special tools then I go see my dealer and I borrow it for a weekend, it helps having my bro work there though  

·
Registered
852 Posts
How complete is that? for some people a rebuild is just throwing in a set of rings, I would have to say that if every part was separated from every other part, all wear parts where replaced, bored, etc etc, its on the cheap side , especially where they spell labor :labour.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well rocketman here it is we spent :
                     new cylinder         $450
                     piston re-build kit   $119.90
                     piston rings           $40.80
                     gasket kit             $88.95
                     re-surface heads    $27.50
                                               $727.16
                      ontario taxes        $109.07
                      total                   $836.23

That is without labour, it took me 1/2hr to drain the cylinders anti-freeze, and tear it apart to see the damage.Now for the rebuild it took me 21/2 hours to put it all back together.  It is a pretty simple project the only extra cost for us was that the cylinder was screwed due to the locating pin for the top ring broke.  Now if they bring 4 strokes out in full force the labour bill will friggin high.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well..that $400 covered complete disassembly and reassembly, flushing colant system, flushing oil tank. I had both the cylinders and crank case inspected.

Edited by Rocketman

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hey Rocket , did you at least get a kiss first

before he..... well you know the rest!!!!!
         (dinner and a movie at least?)

Just playin Ha Ha , thats for all the Cat jokes

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ballsout...I believe that included inspecting the crank and bearings....everything down there looked A-OK thank God.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts