1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Severe Weather Alert
Lake Effect Snow Warning

WATERTOWN 1045 PM EST WED FEB 7 2007
...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THURSDAY...

AN INTENSE BAND OF LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL BE NEARLY STATIONARY THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING. LAKE SNOWS ARE EXPECTED TO SHIFT BACK SOUTH OUT OF JEFFERSON COUNTY BY THURSDAY EVENING. THE HEAVY SNOW IS EXPECTED TO REMAIN SOUTH OF WATERTOWN THROUGH THE PERIOD. SNOWFALL RATES WILL REACH 4 TO 5 INCHES PER HOUR UNDER THE MOST INTENSE PORTION OF THIS BAND.

ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 2 FEET ARE LIKELY OVER THE SOUTHERN SECTIONS OF THE COUNTY...MAINLY FROM ADAMS SOUTH. LOCAL AMOUNTS OF UP TO 3 FEET ARE POSSIBLE ALONG THE OSWEGO COUNTY LINE. THIS WILL BRING WEEK LONG STORM TOTALS TO 60 INCHES OR MORE OVER SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF THE COUNTY.

JUST PLAIN AWESOME..... GOOD THING I WILL BE IN TUG HILL THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
4 to 5 inches per hour means it's coming down ! w00t w00t Have fun with it !
:thumbsup:

Snow4

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Yup....winter is finally in upstate NY!

I am hoping to make it to Forestport this weekend to do about 150 miles w/ my cousins that live up there!

Have a great time Powder.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hopefully your groomers can get out and do their thing. Too much snow and they can't pull the drag but only drive around packing first.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Could you please send some our way? lol. My sled has been parked for a week now, there's no snow in the forecast for the next week either, and then there's going to be a full week of rain. Not looking good here in Central Newfoundland. I think I WILL buy a motorcycle come spring.

·
Registered
347 Posts
the snow in my area has been coming down for about a week straight now..... we started out with about 10 inches and then got up to about 1 1/2 - 2 ft of snow. finally newyork is getting pounded like we used to, and im loveing every minute of it

·
Registered
193 Posts
the snow in my area has been coming down for about a week straight now..... we started out with about 10 inches and then got up to about 1 1/2 - 2 ft of snow. finally newyork is getting pounded like we used to, and im loveing every minute of it[/b]
YA. YA . YA. take your snow and shovel it.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Western NY, Adirondack and Lakes Region

LAKE EFFECT BANDS WILL CONTINUE ONTO 7AM FRIDAY MORNING WITH ACCUMULATIONS 5-10 INCHES BY MORNING. HIGHER AMOUNTS WILL FALL IN HEAVY BANDS 8-18 INCHES. SNOW IS EXPECTED UNTIL SATURDAY MORNING.

Sorry I wont be here tomorrow night to give you a report.... I WILL BE GETTING MY CAT STUCK!!! w00t

·
Registered
657 Posts
In the middle of all this summertime weather we've been getting here in central newfoundland (I'm talking rain) Stephenville, as it turns out, has been getting hit with snow. Maybe I just need to find a job out west and move there. At least I would get a months snowmobiling instead of the current 2 weeks. :(

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ive never road in New York but wouldn't mind it. Do they have decent trail systems? What would be the closest decent trails for a guy coming from IN, how far west is there good snow with trails?
Also do they requiere anything special other then my Indiana registration and proof of insurance?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
In the middle of all this summertime weather we've been getting here in central newfoundland (I'm talking rain) Stephenville, as it turns out, has been getting hit with snow. Maybe I just need to find a job out west and move there. At least I would get a months snowmobiling instead of the current 2 weeks. :([/b]
That's my home town and old stomping grounds. Best sledding anywhere. If you want to have fun Pepsi-Fuzz, go to Stephenville or Gallants for a week and enjoy some of the best riding you'll ever do.

As for the main subject of this thread? 100 inches?? That's 8.3 feet. Forgive me if I'm a little skeptical. 100cms maybe, but I doubt NY gets 8.3 feet over a whole winter, let alone in a single storm. Just don't buy it.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
As for the main subject of this thread? 100 inches?? That's 8.3 feet. Forgive me if I'm a little skeptical. 100cms maybe, but I doubt NY gets 8.3 feet over a whole winter, let alone in a single storm. Just don't buy it.[/b]

Newfie, you don't have to buy it, and you're welcome to be skeptical, but it's true, and we're lovin' it! :thumbsup:

Early today, Parish, NY had 94" (yes inches) of snow, and they're predicting approx. 2' more (yes feet) over the weekend.

Here's a couple photos of the nice white stuff! w00t

[attachment=33458:van_buried.jpg]

[attachment=33459:house.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
"Here's a couple photos of the nice white stuff! w00t "

yep, pictures don't lie. I lived in Parish with my Aunt for a few years, they get pounded. I now live on the northern border of Onondaga county. We only have a paltry foot and a half or so here. Just got back from short after work ride. Got the old Yammie with laughable track lugs stuck pretty bad fooling around in some drifts. Shouldn't have went out alone. I'm gonna sleep good tonight.

·
Registered
67 Posts
BTW excellent pictures raceguy! I really need to get a digital camera. It can be insane at times. The normally 25 min drive to work took me over an hour today.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts