Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend there are going to be 660ft. ice drags on Secord Lake, being held by Secord Lake Marina. They are non-sanctioned, but should be professional and fun. There will be vending avail. for food, and etc. Should be a good time, on both Sat and Sun.

Afterwords I plan on haveing a party at my house on the lake.

ZR800 CatMan and SkiDoo master - Stop by!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hey 800mxz, sounds great!  If I make it up there I will differently have to stop over.  Email me some directions when you get time.   Tentatively, we are talking about going to the Sue 500, but too early to decide.  We seem to be making allot of last minute decisions...

Thanks for the invitation.

hopefully some snow falls on that ice this week.  All i got to run is paddles  

·
Registered
668 Posts
hey sledboy,  one of these trailers isn't by-chance yours, is it?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ice was good yesterday, rode last night about 5
0. Who know how much snow though? Supposed to get some this week. I gust wanted to pass allong somewhere for you guys to go this week

As far as the trailer thing, I would hold off. There is ample parking in the Secord Bar parking lot, 50ft from the ice. About 10" of ice from what I was told yesterday.

Should be allot of "trail" sleds there, some guys serious of course, but the idea is to have "fun" on your sled.

skidoomaster - email me [email protected] so I can give directions. I live on the dead-end part of West Branch Dr.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oval race in Detroit Lakes MN is where that happened. Allot of Factory race trailers in the drink.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi MXZ800..
I didn't know they were still having those drags at the dam.  I don't know if I will be able to make it.  I live in Grand Rapids and do not go to our cottage much during the winter.  Maybe I will make a drive over this weekend, however.  My uncle and cousin live on the west branch of the river in the big opening (w. river drive).  I will let them know about it too..they have some SRX's that are "supposed" to be fast.  I will email you and let you know for sure whether or not to look for me.  
Thanks

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will post directions when I find good image.

ZR800Man - I think I know who you are talking about. They have the 4 SRX's I believe.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yup...there are 3 700 SRX's and one 600SRX in that group.  I believe the 600 has the white windshield.  Have not rode with them this year.  If you get a chance flag em down next time you see them.  I'm sure they are always willing to ride.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a Map with directions.

Verbal Directions

From intersection of M30 and M61 (6 miles due east of Gladwin)

Go North on M30 Approx. 6 miles to Secord Dam Road

Turn East (Right) and continue 1.5 miles to the 1 stop sign

Turn North (left) and go approx 150 yards

The marina is on the left, and the Secrod Bar is on the right

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
What's weird is that had I been home, I would have been at that race in DL.  Some friends from home were there though and said it was a REAL mess, but the races STILL went on!

I guess the road was blocked for a long time and they had huge cranes in there to get them all out....  Pretty wild.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hey PH!!!!! I guess I didn't realize you were back (I assume your back home, right?) Well anyway, glad to see you made it home. To bad there isn't much snow. You know, sort of a welcome back type of thing.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Hey Butch!  Still not back, but we do have computers here and allot of free time on our hands lately.  They are trying to rotate us out early feb. some time.  Still waiting on approval from our headquarters though...
Hopefully we will get some fricken snow though for my return!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is there going to be classes set up or is it an open grudge-race format?
Does it cost to get in?
Is it pay to race all day or pay per run?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The level that the event is depends on the number of people that show I would guess. It will be more grudge racing, but there should be some good competition. I don't know of a cost, it should be marginal if there is any.

·
Registered
668 Posts
800mxz,  keep us posted on the snow accumulations this week.  If we get some snow on that ice, i will be ready to tear it up!!!  

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, we ended up getting 4-5" this morning, so it looks like the lake is ready to ride!

I also talked to the Secord marina today. Things are just going to be grudge racing, but they are going to have timing lights and radar for all who wish to know where they stand. Everything will start as soon as the marina opens, 8:30 Sat morning.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts