Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'am intrested in information about engine dynos...what works and what doesn't...the most bang for the buck...thanks Al

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
MXZ900 bought one and is asking about themin the General forum. The guys would love your help mk2g60.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
mk2g60 - Nice to have ya here. We have an older small arm L+S and have a couple of wuestions. There is a number stamped in the torque arm (blue) is this a Max torque #? We recently broke the arm and replaced it with on that is as long, but a different shape. We re-calibrated using a 80 lb weight, but wondered if we could go to higher torque. The old arm was good to 125 ft. lbs. and she broke at 127. We are sure it is good up to that, but wondered if this new arm will allow us to go to higher torque.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome mk2g60...I went to your net site and spent two hours looking at your product...I'am very intrested in your product...I read that  it comes with three egt probes...is it capable to run four egt probes for a four cyl. snowmobile race engine and how do you setup the air/fuel ratio device for four carbs. ...if you start with a baseline on a motor being that your product uses a water break and make modifications to the motor (example  pipes, porting, different carbs etc.) and you retest the motor and the gallons of water per minute flowing thru the water break is more or less will this influence the testing...I'am sure I will have more questions...thanks for your help...Al

·
Registered
131 Posts
800mxz- the torque arms on the current models are good for at least 200 lbs of torque, think it's actually 225-250.the numbers should be a pn or a reference #.so if you replaced yours recently it should be able to hold up to some torque.

Al-having 4 egt's shouldn't be a problem, our v8 dyno's run 8.they are always making new programs so should be able to set u up with what ever you want.if you go to the tech questions link on the web site you can ask one of the sales reps all about the different set-ups.they should get back to you right away.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Toydoc - Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag. Yes, our asphault sled (97 ZRT 800) pulls 127ft. lbs. HP is 202 @9400. It is like a diesal pickup though, pulls 110+ft lbs from 8300-9500.

I will not be at Port Huron, as I am in Chicago at the IMTS trade show for work! Wish I was there though. I have been helping out Mr Cudney this year at the MSDRA races, but will not be at the PH race. I will be at the rest though!

Here is some pics of the asphault sled, everything is the same, but we (Kim Frank and I) modified a set of 900 D+D mod pipes to work on this motor chassis now.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Dam that's one heii of a zert man! I'm curiose as having been a proud owner of a PSI 1350 once. I spent about 7k for all they did to my motor for 235 trail hp. About what have you spent? Will you tail it at all this winter ?
Caleb

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Here is the ZRT. Note the factory cyl. 38MM stock carbs, factory head, etc... No fancy bought over the counter stuff here. Just good ol R+D. If anyone is serious about Cat tripples, I recomend talking to Kim [email protected] Secord Lake Marina.

Best times on the sled: 9.98 Sec @132 MPH, using ETT suspension. Sled is NOT a pro stock. All parts other than the airbox and tool kit are there. It is actually heavier than stock with the 53 lb track and all the extra wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Here is another: Nice and innocent looking isn't it? (I am still Doo at heart, don't worry&#33

Sled Dogg: The sled is pretty much on the lake all winter long, but not that you couldn't run it in the woods. We get 3 good months of ice on Secord (It is controlled by dam and Wolverine Power Co) and they can make more ice than a natural lake. By letting the dam close during the week, it will flow water on top and will freeze more ice quicker. We had over 28" of ice on the track last year, had to use a auger extension to ice fish.

Kim does a great job, very common sense tuner. He has allot of different aproaches than most ($$$ does not mean HP) and the motor is no more exotic than the set of $250 used pipes on it now. Other than that and Vforce2, it is all over the counter parts, good porting, and time. I bet Kim has under $1500 into the whole thing, but he has allot of hours. Can't wait to see the "new" ice sled coming to a lake near you this winter!

Here is another: Nice and innocent looking isn't it? (I am still Doo at heart, don't worry&#33

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
That is very,very good numbers (and that dyno does read low)
See if you can get me some dyno time this year & cost.
We can make a long weekend out of it.

Last edited by toydoc at Sep. 07, 2002, 08:38am

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Kim has yet to charge just dyno time, everything has been turn key. When a guy comes and wants some perf. work, he pulls the motor to find out where it was when he started, and when he is done to know where it ended up.

They should have no prob. with people wanting to do dyno pulls, I will ask him when I get back from chicago. I would guess it is part of the marina's hourly rate to hook it up, and then flat amount for pulls.

Z

·
0 Posts
Dave,

Are those Stock Clutch's stock on that ZeRT as well?

ZMachMan

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
It's just has a plain ol' 108EXP with Wahl forged spider, heel clickers, and a Cat 2ndary.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I recieved [email protected]'s info packet and had the opportunity to look it over...I didn't have any idea there was so many different tests and add ons that were available for there product...this looks like something every serious [email protected] enthusiast needs to have...Now how do I explain...no how do I convince my wife that I really need this instead of buying a new sled...any suggestions (Ha-Ha)...Al.

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (800MXZ @ Sep. 06, 2002, 11:28pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Toydoc - Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag. Yes, our asphault sled (97 ZRT 800) pulls 127ft. lbs. HP is 202 @9400. It is like a diesal pickup though, pulls 110+ft lbs from 8300-9500.[/b][/quote]
Curious but what does a STOCK 800 ZRT or even Thunder Cat
come in at in the torque area? That just sounds like a ton
of torque.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Stock torque isn't remotely close to that Mike. For those pipes and cylinders that is tons. they have that thing twisting for sure. More amazing is that they are still turning the rpms.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Stock TCat is around 105-107 ft. lbs.

I sure have enjoyed this summer on the asphault, got to learn more about sleds this summer than at all in years past.

I am lucky to have someone like this to talk to and work with.

The 1st weekend in Feb (as in every year) there will be a "run wht ya brung" grudge racing for GOOD HUMORED people who want to have a good time on Secord. The Bar comes over and cooks BBQ chicken on the lake, all weekend long. Think about it, and make plans if you would like.

·
Registered
731 Posts
A good stock one 96~98 area, off the top of my head.

I have found the old 108's to shift harder than most new OEM clutchs. My Yamahas and Cats have 108's on them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts