Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
    Well we went for our last ride for this season. A bit rocky and muddy gettin up top but still lots of riding in alpine if u want,probably a month left. We figure its time to store the winter toys and get into the quading thing. Are there still guys and gals riding out there. I love sleddin as much as the next person but the quads are calling out to us (ha ha ). Anybody been on there summer toys yet. Just as i say that it is snowing like crazy again, i put the fertilizer on  the lawn too early i think..................

·
Registered
171 Posts
been out on my newest toy acquisition , a Honda VTR 1000, and all of a sudden summer isn't so bad.  sleds in winter, bikes in the summer, life is good

·
Registered
4 Posts
we went on our last ride of the season april 14th.
Now the 4 wheelers are out and were waist high in
mud. ah the good life. cant forget to mention the beer.
Take care.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
  AAAHHHHH  the street bikes, the quads the lawn mowers, it all sounds so summerish if we didnt get 3-4 inches of  fu#@$#g snow last night. I think i put the machines away a bit to early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I still have to get my summer toys... I'm just waiting for a trailer where I could fit a Niwa on that I bought together with a friend, then the mudracing can begin

And then I have to test drive a Husqvarna 430 XC bike, and see if I could live with that..
A friend is waiting for his boat to arrive and looking for a nice engine for it, and also looking for a crosser, and he has his eye on some quadracer...
So it seems like it's gonna be a quite active summer for us!

·
Registered
360 Posts
And today I found a new hobby: "Folkracing"!

It's a Scandinavian thing, I think.. Basically it goes something like this: you take a crappy car, put some performance parts in it, a cage, a nice chair, a nice steering wheel, a small fuel tank somewhere where it won't be destroyed and you're ready to start racing. The tricky thing is that your car is automatically for sale after the race, for a fixed price of 4600 Swedish crowns, around 450 USD. Anyone can bid on them, and you *must* sell your car if someone wants it. So you don't want to overdo your car and lose it, but you also need enough power in it to be able to compete... Tricky!
So, you don't want to spend much cash on your car, so it's basically a big pile of crappy cars with I what I suspect are mostly improvised performance parts. The chair and steeringwheel you can keep if you sell your car.. Bumping into each other is also very allowed, to make the cars look even worse, or something

I've been to my first race today to watch a friend compete, he ended up in the finals but then someone bumped him and he made a 180, however he ended 2nd anyway because 3 others were disqualified for ignoring a yellow flag and another got 2 flat tires so he was able to catch up.

Here's some misc pics! and here's a lot more.
I shot a whole roll filled with action today, will put them online somewhere when I get them developed..

This seems like a lot of fun to me

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
 Hey nico, i have never heard of a more bizzare race and then the selling of the vehicles, wow, thats a new one to me.  But any type of racing in any form is cool in my books...........

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
  Jessica that is a sweet ride. I tried one last year and those things rip. It eats my king quad for lunch but every machine has its purpose i guess...............

·
Registered
360 Posts
Here's some pics of the folkrace thing I spoke about earlier:

This is the actual race

·
Registered
360 Posts
Of course it could go like this also..
This car had been doing some laps without a left front tire, just going on the rim. Right here his left back wheel fell off as well, which you can see rolling behind him

·
Registered
360 Posts
Here's how most of the cars look like after at least 1 race

1 - 19 of 19 Posts