Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put underglow on my 1980 Yamaha Enticer.

I put a 12" LED rod on each side under the floorboards and an LED on each side at the front.

It seems fairly durable. I've been bushwacking with it and its find...however I rode over the right sized stump and it took out one of the rods.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
That looks pretty cool!
I tried the same thing with my Phazer, I was going to use red lights. However, I bought just single LED's, and found they would be too hard to mount...looks like the bars are an easier way!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats really cool. by the looks of it, is that an enticer deluxe?[/b]
Its deluxe now!!! I've added hot grips & throttle.

Its a 340...has electric start. I thought all of the 340s were deluxe. I have an 80 and 82...both electric start. Plus I know of 5 other enticers in the area, all electric start.

·
Registered
347 Posts
they have the regular enticer which is just standard with regular starting, then they made the enticer deluxe. the deluxe has a speedo, electric start, and a tach. they are identical machines except for the windshield, and the little dash board. mine came with pollygrip hand warmers when i first bought it and i finally decided to hook them up. btw, if your looking for any enticer parts i have a few spare engine parts laying around in my garage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The previous owner liked the black hood off his 250......so mine has that hood....no dashboard. Although there is a speedo cable under the hood. Where exactly does the RPM cable run from? I am interested in adding one and some gauges.

Thanks for the offer with the parts....I have a "parts sled" with a cooked motor and no suspension but everything else is there if u need it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
That looks so sweet did you hook them up on a toggle?. Did you just tap into the wiring harness for you tail light? also where did you pick those up that looks so sweet I would love to do somthin like that with my Kitty but green LED's of course.
Thanks.

Grant.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There on a toggle...tapped into the power off of the back of my ignition so that if I forget to turn them off they go off when i turn the key.

There from Canadian Tire (in Canada of course) Is trout river in the States or Canada?

For you Americans...Canadian tire is sort or a handymans store....they have kinda cheap tools and automotive parts...I don't know what the American equivalent is....

I guess they might ship out. Check out www.canadiantire.ca

Heres the LED section...
http://canadiantire.ca/browse/subcategory_...D=1172128347096

I used a Eurolite 12" LED rod on each side under the floorboards. For the front I used the Firelights. It is a string of 8 LEDs each 1 foot apart. I ran them under the body, but they got ripped off by trees....as long as you stay on the trail and in powder you'll be fine. However the Firelights are expensive and don't give off much light so I would recommend using a 12" rod across the front instead.

Ideally I would have another 12" rod across the back below the tailight and a few rods on the bellypan....but at 30 bucks a pop....I don't know if its worth it, considering I lost 6 of 8 firelights and 1 of 2 LED rods from catching stumps and trees.

Goodluck....place them wisely.....and post your pictures when complete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts