Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has installed one of these on their machines. I am interested in purchasing one of these as they certainly do have their place. Wondering if anyone has encountered any problems with haveing one of these installed???????

Thanks for the input.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wondering if anyone has installed one of these on their machines. I am interested in purchasing one of these as they certainly do have their place. Wondering if anyone has encountered any problems with haveing one of these installed???????
Thanks for the input.
[/b]
I absoultly love mine! Wouln't ride without it anymore! Except I made my own which looks really close to that. I used a old bmx bike brake handle and bike brake cable to run over to my throtle lever. Works excellent!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have one on my machine and installed one on the wife's also. We would not ride without one in the Mountains. They are great for the side hills.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe its also on my to do list, I just have to wait for my wallet to say the same thing.....

Also for those of you that have it, pretty easy to install? I am not worried about mounting it on the bar, just wondering about how the cables tie into each other. It must run into a junction block or something? Probly something similar to the powermadd cable extension kit?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the site. Couldnt get the Upnorthsports to open. Looked at their web site and tried a search for Left Handle Throttle but no luck. The other one was a pretty good price.

·
Registered
48 Posts
try this site and then on the search window type in Left Hand and then click on search Price is $129.95

http://www.upnorthsports.com/
[/b]
Thanks Boondock. I went ahead and ordered the "Goldfinger" from full throttle. Not in a big hurry, yet. Been snowing and raining here for the past 5 days. About 3-4 feet here in town at sea level but they have 7-8 feet on the pass. Gota give it a few days to settle. Big time avalance conditions with the rain. Look forward to the usage. Hopefully it will not be a big pain in the you know what to install.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thanks Boondock. I went ahead and ordered the "Goldfinger" from full throttle. Not in a big hurry, yet. Been snowing and raining here for the past 5 days. About 3-4 feet here in town at sea level but they have 7-8 feet on the pass. Gota give it a few days to settle. Big time avalance conditions with the rain. Look forward to the usage. Hopefully it will not be a big pain in the you know what to install.
[/b]
The installation if perty much straight forward...just take your time and you will do fine. enjoy and have fun. I am envious, we do not have much snow yet, only about 1 foot.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The installation if perty much straight forward...just take your time and you will do fine. enjoy and have fun. I am envious, we do not have much snow yet, only about 1 foot.
[/b]
AH still snowing. Our season is diffently here. Will be going up to the pass this weekend to see how the trail is back to the base of the glaciers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well I got the kit in the mail but I also went an got a new 06 700 RMK. Gota call and see if it will fit the new machine. If not then whomever buy the 600 RMK gets a left handle throttle.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
one word for you, EBAY...get your money back for it!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
One more link to throw out is http://www.gravityworxracing.com/ . I bought mine from there and my cousin got his there also and we both have had good luck with them. Make sure you get one with a safety pin in it whereever you get one. Its a must for loading on the trailer or if someone else is riding your sled or we even keep them in when were on the trail. The other thing I found out is if you roll your sled in the mtns make sure to check that the left hand isn't hung up somehow I forgot to check mine and the lil lever had got bent but luckily didn't wreck anythign when i started it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well I got the above one mounted on my 700 RMK. The only issue I see is that I have the cable housing close to the clamp on the right throttle side. When using the left throttle to side hill it has a tendacy to not allow the throttle to completely go back to idle. I have to nudge it over a smidgit. I'll try to make more room between the throttle and the end of the black housing to see if it eleviates the issue.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like the gravityworx is going to be the best buy for the buck......thanks for the response, I had no idea that company existed......

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well I was out riding on the glacier and had some issues with it. At first I thought it was the short distance between the cable and throttle. The only tool I had was my letherman. The throttle was sticking so I end up cutting the wire cable. It was getting a little dangerous with the throttle sticking open and those pesky crevases. Wouldnt you know it the bolt was a tad bit to tight. Had to borrow another letherman to loosen the bolt. Moral of the Story. I had the bolt loose but that was in a heat garage. I guess as I got out riding in the subzero things contracted and made it tight. Something to think about if you do this install. I Know have to find another cable to make it workable again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts