Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe if all of us on this site choose a date and sent skidoo a quick email (Via contact us) on there site, news of this would reach someone at bombardier who could or maybe already is designing such a sled.

I think if bombardier got 25-50 emails in one day all asking for the same thing it would leave a dent.  

SO WHOS WITH ME.  This would definitly be the DO OR DIE for the skidoo triple market.  Lets do all we can.  

Sometime i belive that skidoo themself buy into that magazine crap and play into there hands with the sleds the mags want built.  So lets tell them what a fair majority of the market wants.

Help from other brand owners would be appreciated.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm in definitely
Actually I'm waiting to see what they do with the triples
before I even purchase a new sled from Ski Doo. Just look at
how many people and performance shops are converting thier
S and ZX chassis to accept the triple mill. Obviously there
is a market for it and I think many would come over from
AC or even Polaris and Yamaha. Great marketing ploy to
convert faithful triple riders of the competition to buy a
Ski Doo and see what it's all about. Think about it, the REV
and then this sled would make one #### of a performance
line up that would please most everybody.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I feel that the mach will soon be in a zx anyhow, they eventually switched to a S2000, now a CK3 so i hope next year it will be the zx, but they better not drop it back to a twin like they did with the formula when they switched to a ZX, but it would defenitaly be my next sled if they kept the mach a tripple in the ZX platform.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I'am with ya little buddy! There is no reason Doo cant put the triple into a lighter chassi

So a triple weigh's 5-10# more, the advantages out weigh it over a twin, big time

I loved my 700 triple.

But now I have a 800 triple in my version of a reneagade

Cant imagine lowering myself to a twin, if Doo cant build a triple again I guess I will have to rebuild the 800 someday.
I'am ready to bitch with Skidoo, but as some of you know, I'am good at that

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok then.

a modified version of mikadoos post is all we will need.

This support is great.  So lets wait a few days and sometime mid next week, then we will blast them with numbers a short but meaningfull email.  And if they write back which they probably will we got to post it so we (The expert panal can look it over and comment.)

So ill provide the time and date later on.  Lets see how many people we can get together...

Will sent the email using this link.

Skidoos Contact us section

Looking good

·
Registered
625 Posts
Lets type up a form letter that we all can use to send to Bombardier, I will work on one and post it, then you guys can make suggestions to change it or change it as you see fit.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Bombardier Recreational
Products
Administrative Center
1061, Parent Street
Saint-Bruno, Québec
Canada J3V 6P1
Telephone: (450) 461-7700
Fax: (450) 461-7743

To whom it may concern

This letter is to voice support for an idea. This idea is in support for a product your company currently produces, but I and others like me believe that it is worth continuing production on and worthy of an upgrade to a newer foundation. This product is the MachZ snowmobile.

The MachZ has been in the same chassis since 1998 and has served us well, but as time has passed it shortcomings have become more noticeable. I understand sales are probably lower than ever before, but I believe there can be a revival. When the twin sleds regained popularity your company and your competitors slowed down on investing and innovation on these triple powered sleds, I believe this to be a fundamental mistake. An example of this mistake would be Yamaha's line of sleds. In 2002 the SxViper was a huge success by offering the good performance and economy of a triple engine combined with good handling and light weight.

I for one believe that Ski-Doo could do one better, by offering the Triple engine in a lightweight chassis like the ZX or REV getting the weight of this prospective machine within 25 lbs or so of its twin competition and you will have a winner. If you offered such a sled in the near future I also believe you would out snow-check all of the other brands like the RX-1 did this year and the Viper did last year, the first being a direct replacement for a Triple engined sled and the latter being a triple engined sled. Yes the market does exist for triples, some of the reasons are....

1) Higher power per cc
2) Better economy per cc
3) Smooth and broad torque curve (easy for you to calibrate)

I appreciate the time you have taken to read this letter and I hope you will consider it carefully, I believe if you look you will see the market for this sled all around you in the customers for the current MachZ, XCR, RX-1, ZR900 and many others where the customer took handling and light weight over a heavy machine with big power. If a compromise was available between all of these previously mentioned attributes, you would line up the buyers like Yamaha has done the past couple years.

Thank you.

What do ya think?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Thats great man

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
As the black sargent in the movie Forrest Gump said: Private Slarson, your a G-D genius!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Looks great!! Count me in also. I have been saying all through college that when i get out of college the first thing that i do is buy a new Mach Z. I dont want to see my dream slip away

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just sent mine.Come on everyone and show some support,it only takes a minute to send the comments to head office!

·
Registered
316 Posts
That is a fantastic letter. I would just add that they need to bump the 800 to a 1050 (three 700 cylinders from the current 700 twin). Or even a 1200 (three 800 twin cylinders) and of course it must have SDI. That's it for me. Of course, a sled like this would start an all out horspeower war between all of the manufacturers....................... Hey, I can dream can't I?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I`am with you guy`s who know`s were they get the idea that everybody want`s a twin. I ride with 4machz 3mach1 2gade800 and2mxzx800 and you can bet the house if the tripple was a choice in a zx they would have bought them.three in a row makes em go... count me in also.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh wow you guys started.  No prob.

Excellent letter.  Im gonna send mine in a minute.  

Only thing is that there is only one or two people the will be reciving these letters Claire and Carlos Customer Realations.

I think we should have a few versions of the letter above.  Just so it doesnt look like the same guy is posting.

Let get this done.  

THIS IS THE RETURN OF THE 809.

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Fast Mach Z @ Aug. 28, 2002, 9:27pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is a fantastic letter. I would just add that they need to bump the 800 to a 1050 (three 700 cylinders from the current 700 twin). Or even a 1200 (three 800 twin cylinders) and of course it must have SDI. That's it for me. Of course, a sled like this would start an all out horspeower war between all of the manufacturers....................... Hey, I can dream can't I?[/b][/quote]
Maybe we should just stick to what they already produce or
have produced. I'd like to see the 809 and the 700 (maybe
600) in the ZX chassis. Asking for a whole new motor puts
alot more on there plate and more reason to reject this
idea. Beside both the 700 and 809 can be made to make to
make some nice power!  

Although I'd love to see your dream come true, I think that
maybe we should start with just just a revamp of the triple chassis and keep the current motors. For now! hehehe

I wonder how many ZRT and TCat riders would buy this? And if
Polaris does drop the XCR then Ski Doo could easily pull
them over to the yellow side also. Please don't let the
3x3's go silently into the night! There's still a big market
there and a lot of money to be made.

How would this effect the mountain riders as well? Lighter
weight yet gobs of power on demand. and easily modifiable
to rip your arms off if need be.

They say it takes more money to produce a triple yet the REV
isn't exactly cheap and a lot of the tooling is there
already to make this sled. I say...try it for a short time
and see how much response you'll get.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just got a return email from bombardier.  Seems theres a new person working there (Peggy).  Here it is.

--------

Thank you for contacting Bombardier Recreational Products. We sincerely appreciate your comments and we would like to assure you that we take input from our customers with the utmost consideration. Changes to the Bombardier line of products are made yearly and oftentimes these changes come directly from the feedback that we get from our loyal customers.  Please rest assured that  we have passed your suggestion along to our product development department for future consideration.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information. It is always a pleasure to hear from our customers.

Sincerely,
Peggy
Representative/Représentante
Customer Assistance Center/Assistance à la clientèle

Tel: 715-848-4957 (USA)
Tel:819-566-3366 (CDN)
Fax: 819-566-3062
[email protected]

So lets keep sending them.  Let the MachZ live on.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts