Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems reading through the rags that the IQ 600 and Dragoon 700 CFIs are supose to be getting SDI like 18-20mpg

So anyone happy or unhappy with the MPG of the CFIs?

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Newfiebullet made a comment in another post that he is getting around 10mpg, told by the dealer there was a reflash coming.
Good question FB, interesting to see if Polaris's technology is catching up to Doo's.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Seems reading through the rags that the IQ 600 and Dragoon 700 CFIs are supose to be getting SDI like 18-20mpg

So anyone happy or unhappy with the MPG of the CFIs?[/b]
LMAO!! 18-20mpg is a real joke. 10mpg is realistic, maybe 12-14 if you were to drive it like an old woman, but it's hard to take it easy on a sled that begs to be ridden hard. And I shouldn't have to take it easy. Polaris said that their CFI should be the equivilent of the SDI, and in terms of gas milage, it's not. I'm getting the same milage I got with my 800 Liberty, and that wasn't exactly good on gas.
Then again, I'd be curious to ride with an SDI and see what they get in the real world.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow 10mpg???

anyone else getting better or worse

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 600 HO cfi and I am getting 10-12 MGP. Not nearly what I thought it would be.

I actually ride with my uncle who has an SDI. Today after 50 miles he burned 3.5 and I burned 5.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I don't have the new CFI, but I have the old '05 900 Liberty CFI. If I have to drive slow and the machine is warm, I get as low as 9.59mpg. If I can ride it hard, I get 12.59mpg. Generally, the faster I go the better mileage I get. It seems it's not efficient at low speeds, but then again, I only have the injectors in the crank, I don't have the new injectors in the cylinder. I read that the injectors in the crank were ideal at high speeds, the injectors in the cylinder were good for low speeds. So if you're somewhere in between, you're probably consuming more fuel than necessary? I dunno. Either way, I've NEVER heard of any Polaris getting 18mpg, and certainly not higher. At least not in the real world, or at least not with a sled designed to run for more than one run.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Btw guys, the ski-doo sdi is not getting the 20 MPG like every magazine seems to say. more around 15-16 MPG. Today I rode 190 miles and burned about 14 gallons. About 13.5 MPG. I have no idea where these magazines get their fuel ratings. Actually it is quite likely that the sleds they ride as factory test models are leaned out to get better MPG ratings. I just dont see any SDI's or CFI's getting anywhere near what the magazines say.

Hopefully the rumors about a possible CFI reflash are true. Maybe we can pick up a possible 1-2 MPG gain, plus if they do it right we may see a couple more HP out of it. Maybe making the dyno numbers aroud 130 for the 600 HO and 142-143 for the dragon. Polaris defianly has the most powerful motors in two stroke form. Maybe they will revive a big bore sled next year with the new CFI technology on the 600 and 700

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a ski doo sdi 600 for 3 seasons and averaged about 17-18. Thats riding as aggressive as that sled would ride, which was pretty good. I always used a little over half what everyone else used on their 6 and 700 libertys. My switchback 600 carb is getting about 13-14 so far which is better than expected for sure, I'm very happy with it. Anyone had any trouble with the cfi sleds yet, a guy I know was riding a couple weks ago and his just stoppped, not sure what he found out but they towed it home.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I get 10 MPG I'm having a really good day. I've been told by the dealer that the 1 1/2 inch track is killing my fuel mileage. I have 700 miles on it now and the consumption is not getting any better.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If I get 10 MPG I'm having a really good day. I've been told by the dealer that the 1 1/2 inch track is killing my fuel mileage. I have 700 miles on it now and the consumption is not getting any better.[/b]
Your riding a fuel injected engine. As with all fuel injected engines, if you're willing to sacrifice hp you can gain mileage. I don't know if you're dealer will do this (probably voids warranty, you need to flash the chip) or if you need to install a mod chip or and aftermarket flash is involved. The best bet though, is to wait for the update as it should increase both hp and mileage without making any sacrifices.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
what's the time frame on the reflash?....any idea?[/b]
Hey nl_sledder, what temp does your sled run at? Last I heard they're coming out with an updated thermostat to get the sled to stop using the enrinching mode, and this is supposed to help the fuel milage greatly. I hope so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 07 600HO CFI gets 13 riding hard all day. Better on days when I'm just cruising. Its got 1,200 miles on it, so its broken in enough that I would not expect more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ride a 06 fusion carbed, I dropped two sizes on the main jets and it runs much better but even last weekend with temps in the teens Ibarely got 10mpg riding hard. I also have 1200 miles on it and I had a brand new belt. I rode with two guys with 07 600 SDI sleds , one was a renagade and one blizzard. When we got gas if I put in 8 gallons they would put in 5 or less. they definately got better mileage than I did but nowhere close 18 - 20mpg it was usually around 13mpg.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It usually runs between 122 and 128 degrees when I'm pushing it and occassionaly it will hit the 130 degree range when I ride it slow.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
My 07 600HO CFI gets 13 riding hard all day. Better on days when I'm just cruising. Its got 1,200 miles on it, so its broken in enough that I would not expect more.[/b]

I ride a 06 fusion carbed, I dropped two sizes on the main jets and it runs much better but even last weekend with temps in the teens Ibarely got 10mpg riding hard. I also have 1200 miles on it and I had a brand new belt. I rode with two guys with 07 600 SDI sleds , one was a renagade and one blizzard. When we got gas if I put in 8 gallons they would put in 5 or less. they definately got better mileage than I did but nowhere close 18 - 20mpg it was usually around 13mpg.[/b]
See those are much more believable numbers to me. I can't imagine how gentle you'd have to be on the throttle to get 18-20 on any sled.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts