Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a score to settle and need to get things dialed in so that I can eat up some XCR a$$! :bash:
That is if the sled is capable?
I have all of the SLP recomendations to go along with there single pipe and can.
V-Force reeds, flow rites, big air intake, the clutching is questionable, so lelts start there.
I had the blue silver and the silver blue spring. Although I had someone try working on this for me and I think they up and swiped my spring fron my driven. He told me that the blue was shot and he put on a almond spring. Well this is not the ticket and I am out a spring! :cussing:
So, no more backyard mechanics other than myself! I am not 100% sure what helixes are even in there so lets start from scratch there to. Basically does anyone have any recomendations outside of SLP's for clutching. I live in Mn. so no worries on altitude or any of that business. Trail rider, Ditch banging, Field racer through and through.
As far as jetting I think I am ok there, except for the fact that the BIG HORN was the last add on and I inherited a high idle out of that. So I can bump the PAJ up but there was also mention of air screws on the front of the carbs. Now these have been mokeyed with also so is there a way I can go back to ground zero and startfrom there?
With this info I may be able to get where I need. The last thing and one that is pretty important is I need to get that springy, vibrating, twisting bolted down with a torque arm up front. With this I can hold my clutch alignment and keep things straight.
I take semi-pretty good care of my equipment so evrything is pretty clean, not much into messing with gearing and do not have the money to go to extremes.
With all of this if someone could feed me some of their secret tech tips it would be greatly appreciated!
I wish I had the money to get the twin pipes, this would probably be the ticket but a guy needs to have some beer money! :sly:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a score to settle and need to get things dialed in so that I can eat up some XCR a$$! :bash:
That is if the sled is capable?
I have all of the SLP recomendations to go along with there single pipe and can.
V-Force reeds, flow rites, big air intake, the clutching is questionable, so lelts start there.
I had the blue silver and the silver blue spring. Although I had someone try working on this for me and I think they up and swiped my spring fron my driven. He told me that the blue was shot and he put on a almond spring. Well this is not the ticket and I am out a spring! :cussing:
So, no more backyard mechanics other than myself! I am not 100% sure what helixes are even in there so lets start from scratch there to. Basically does anyone have any recomendations outside of SLP's for clutching. I live in Mn. so no worries on altitude or any of that business. Trail rider, Ditch banging, Field racer through and through.
As far as jetting I think I am ok there, except for the fact that the BIG HORN was the last add on and I inherited a high idle out of that. So I can bump the PAJ up but there was also mention of air screws on the front of the carbs. Now these have been mokeyed with also so is there a way I can go back to ground zero and startfrom there?
With this info I may be able to get where I need. The last thing and one that is pretty important is I need to get that springy, vibrating, twisting bolted down with a torque arm up front. With this I can hold my clutch alignment and keep things straight.
I take semi-pretty good care of my equipment so evrything is pretty clean, not much into messing with gearing and do not have the money to go to extremes.
With all of this if someone could feed me some of their secret tech tips it would be greatly appreciated!
I wish I had the money to get the twin pipes, this would probably be the ticket but a guy needs to have some beer money! :sly:[/b]
So you never said exactly how the sled is running as it sits right now. Are you getting your rpm's and how are you losing to this other sled...in top speed or acceleration or both? Also how do your plugs look for starters this will ultimately tell you if your carbs need work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before messing with the clutches I was able to start out neck and neck with him but he would eventually pull away.
"How the sled is running right now?" Well I think I did say that. The thing has a high idle that sticks and clutching is all out of whack. It seems to be climbing up in the 8200 range instead hanging out in the 7900 to 8100 powerband range that this setup is known for.
At any rate, I was basically looking for any tips that have been trialed and proven.

·
Registered
304 Posts
if you are trying to make your sled beat a xcr 800 down the lake than you should put another engine in yours. the triple should be able to run 120 all day long as for the twin ive never seen one go that fast. ive owned both. . theres nothing wrong with it running 8200you should be able to put heavier weights in 10-64 or even 10-66 with a slp spring 140-310(FORGETCOLOUR) stock secondary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts