Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Rad, what did you do....ride over the hole and then fall in backwards???  Looks like the front of your sled facing out of the hole.  What kind of hole is that?
?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Radguy....you da man! how long till the towtruck winched ya out?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I went off the side of the trail for some powder. I went between the two trees in the back round over the little hump and there was a small hole about 6inches....you know the kind of hole that you see when there's a small stream running under the snow. There was about 2 feet of snow covering this whole that was 6-7 feet deep:0 Sure does make for a nice Sno Goer picture for "What's hot and what's not"
 The funny thing about it was that my buddies were about 150' behind me parked on the side of the trail.....and they couldn't even see me when I fell in the whole. I had to stand on my seat so they could see me
 So let's see some of your guy's pics!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I thought I was bad! This don't look that bad,
except the rear of the seat is normally at my hip!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't have a picture, but I got my sled stuck real good the other night behind my parent's house, and since I was riding alone, I had nobody to help.

I was breaking trail, and right at one spot there's an extremely steep hill on the side of a field.  I had to side-hill part of the way, but then you have to turn and go straight up the last 20 feet.  I had no momentum from sidehilling, so when I turned straight the snow just started to push up in front of me.  6' from the top the front of the sled lifted almost vertical and the track sank.  I got off the sled and sank to my thighs on a nearly vertical hill.  I had to dig out the sled, and pull the front end around until it was facing back down the hill.  Did I mention I did this in complete darkness?  It took me about 20 minutes but it felt like 2 hours.  

·
Registered
413 Posts
Rad guy, that looks really bad.  But you spoil it by saying it wasn't that bad getting it out.  I been stuck places that look not as bad but have taken me hours to get out.

How about getting stuck in waste deep slush under 6" of fresh snow on a lake with a skaboose behind you.  That took over an hour and another sled to pull me out.

How about digging out my father inlaws 1000cc pantera touring sled from about 4 wide trail, up hill, in about 3'-4' of fresh powder.  That took over a half hour and got it out by stepping it down, putting sticks under the track, etc.  Had to pull out all the tricks to get that fat pig out.

Sorry, no pics!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Anybody who goes ridding with me can tell you that if you get stuck,  I'm right there with the camera!  

Unfortunatly, i got caught on film myself....
It doesnt compare to Radguys, but its the only "stuck-shot" i have on the computer...

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
No picture, but a funny story anyway.  My first season, and with my newly acquired genuine "antique" 80 JD Sportfire.  Pulled off at a place that had all kinds of good deep snow, and a safe place to park the truck.  I had thought that I'd stopped at my normal place.  Get the sled drug off, and started busting drifts (lots 'o fun).  I guess that I went over about a dozen of them and then promptly sank the track what seemed like two or three feet down.  As if this wasn't enough, the throttle lever broke in half along the long way immediately after sinking.  So, now I'm sitting here stuck, and with no means of moving the sled.  To add insult to injury, I could still see the truck behind me.  

I ended up having to walk back to the truck to find ANYTHING that might work to rig the throttle back together well enough to limp the sled back to the truck.  I happened to have a small "C" clamp that I used to hold the two pieces of throttle lever together.  I picked up the back end and worked it around, and was able to limp it back to the trailer.  I did a more permanent fix after getting home, but never got another chance to ride that season (It refused to start when it snowed at my place untill AFTER the damn snow melted.)

·
Registered
333 Posts
   Well just today a friend and I went for a ride, we might have some snow but we didn't have any cold weather all winter.
We were in a marsh where we hunt ducks in the fall,there was 2 feet of powder on top of water and weeds, well he stopped when he thought it looked bad I made three circles around him but when he tried to get moving he only went in one direction...DOWN...When the water reached the front of his seat(the bottom part) we knew it was bad. I couldnt help him lift because when i lifted up i went down.water over my boots .so we had to break off trees to stand on and to put under the sled.... well to shorten it up...1/2 hour ,got wet feet and gloves And my sled is full of what we call cattails.
And we would probably do it again because that is part of sledding..Trying to go where you might not make it...
 Too bad my camera wasn't with me..Rodney

·
Registered
575 Posts
When you ride a Yamaha you don't get stuck. Call me stupid but isn't that a Yamaha that is buried in a hole. Suck to be all you guys getting stuck like that. We don't have enough snow to get stuck.

·
Registered
858 Posts
If I ever think to bring my camera when I go sledding, I'll have to post some pics. I ride with a stuburn group, me included. When we go powder ridding we get stuck at least 10 times each and don't stop until we reach the top. Sometimes I wonder why we don't install any reverse on our sleds.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts