Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like mine?
[attachment=39901:SW_cooko...2007_057.jpg]

I ask you this because snofrog made this up for me and has another request to make one for a fellow SWer. In order to make it really worth the time and effort he really would like to make around 5 at a time. these reall provide a lot more area for you to put "stuff", a renegade can't carry bags and jerry cans with the stock rack which is why I wanted this one made. So I wanted to know if anyone else was interested.

the rough dimensions are 16 7/8s wide 21 length and 3 inches tall. It is all aluminum with 3/4 inch hollow bar for electrical. Also has slots cut out for the doo jerry can and for other tiedowns. This can be made without the led oval as shown below. Keep in mind many people are putting LED's on the top of the snow flap. Estimated price 100-200 depending on what light is chosen, powdercoating is available but I can't provide a timetable or cost for that. If 2 are ordered by an individual a discount might be applicable (hint trailblazer). some more pictures.... mine is being powdercoated matte black BTW.

[attachment=39903:rear_rack_006.jpg]
[attachment=39904:rear_rack_004.jpg]
[attachment=39905:rear_rack_005.jpg]
[attachment=39906:rear_rack_003.jpg]

·
Registered
56 Posts
I followed you over here...I will be calling you tomorrow, my Dad is out of town...Sounds like we MIGHT be wanting two of them though...Thanks!

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
How do you like mine?
[attachment=39901:SW_cooko...2007_057.jpg]

I ask you this because snofrog made this up for me and has another request to make one for a fellow SWer. In order to make it really worth the time and effort he really would like to make around 5 at a time. these reall provide a lot more area for you to put "stuff", a renegade can't carry bags and jerry cans with the stock rack which is why I wanted this one made. So I wanted to know if anyone else was interested.

the rough dimensions are 16 7/8s wide 21 length and 3 inches tall. It is all aluminum with 3/4 inch hollow bar for electrical. Also has slots cut out for the doo jerry can and for other tiedowns. This can be made without the led oval as shown below. Keep in mind many people are putting LED's on the top of the snow flap. Estimated price 100-200 depending on what light is chosen, powdercoating is available but I can't provide a timetable or cost for that. If 2 are ordered by an individual a discount might be applicable (hint trailblazer). some more pictures.... mine is being powdercoated matte black BTW.

[attachment=39903:rear_rack_006.jpg]
[attachment=39904:rear_rack_004.jpg]
[attachment=39905:rear_rack_005.jpg]
[attachment=39906:rear_rack_003.jpg][/b]
tell him if he outsources them to mexico I will take one :wink: . how brite is the led? is it going to be a problem in snow dust?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I guess I'm the instigator of this run of racks.
I really like the look of it just the way it is and it'll look sweet with the other aluminum stuff I've ordered for this season.
I was looking at a slightly different light for my rack.
Here are the ones I was thinking about getting put on if they are the same dimmentions as Budda's.
The first one should be very brite with 60 LEDs in it. I think I've seen both types on trucks going down the hwy and they are way briter than reg. tail lights.
clear lens 60 super brite LEDs
E-bay set of clear lens 10 red LEDs

·
Registered
441 Posts
I like it alot too. Wonder if if would bolt on to a Dragon rear end. I can live without the LED, I'd just relocate my stock brake light to the rear.[/b]
Use Budda's demmentions and check your Dragon. I know that Snofrog can make them without the LEDs. The rack would look like it does in Budda's pics without the light added.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Matt why black? I love the way it looks now! If it was mine I wouldjust clear it. JMHO[/b]
I am tired of polishing :slick:

tell him if he outsources them to mexico I will take one :wink: . how brite is the led? is it going to be a problem in snow dust?[/b]
I don't think so especially since it does not sit on the frame. This light is wear sunglasses bright.

I guess I'm the instigator of this run of racks.
I really like the look of it just the way it is and it'll look sweet with the other aluminum stuff I've ordered for this season.
I was looking at a slightly different light for my rack.
Here are the ones I was thinking about getting put on if they are the same dimmentions as Budda's.
The first one should be very brite with 60 LEDs in it. I think I've seen both types on trucks going down the hwy and they are way briter than reg. tail lights.
clear lens 60 super brite LEDs
E-bay set of clear lens 10 red LEDs[/b]
Fraz any 6 inch oval will work on this, they are standardized. I think the 60 will not be much brighter then the 10, I think they are different size led's but not positive. (Mark are they bright?) I like the clear 10 led you had there :cool:

I like it alot too. Wonder if if would bolt on to a Dragon rear end. I can live without the LED, I'd just relocate my stock brake light to the rear.[/b]
Check the dimensions I put above. If it is close I can give you exact dimensions when I get mine back.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Use Budda's demmentions and check your Dragon. I know that Snofrog can make them without the LEDs. The rack would look like it does in Budda's pics without the light added.[/b]

I picked up on the very subtle hint Matt. LOL

Cody just bought the parts for the X type tail light holder.
He's going rack-less and he also removed the black plastic tray piece.
Going for that Shiny-Hiney look. lol

Speaking of that, I do agree with others Matt, that the rack would look better polished than black.

I've got an idea in mind as to what I want to do with mine.
I've got almost all the parts but I need to rewire the garage to be able to get the welder going in there to be able to fabricate the rack. That's next summer's project.
It does involve a similar LED tail light as yours but a different bracket type.
It'll be made to be used in conjunction with my summit rack storage bag and the way it mounts now.

So not to knock Mark's great quality craftsmanship, but I want my own design.
I'm sure Mark understands.

Jeff

·
Registered
441 Posts
I don't think so especially since it does not sit on the frame. This light is wear sunglasses bright.
Fraz any 6 inch oval will work on this, they are standardized. I think the 60 will not be much brighter then the 10, I think they are different size led's but not positive. (Mark are they bright?) I like the clear 10 led you had there :cool:[/b]

If you say yours is that brite. I'll trust your judgement on it and ask Snofrog to make it with one like yours only with the clear lens if posible.
I really like the idea of the LED assembly being a standard industry size.
I'll be able to get an exact fit replacement light at any truck stop if it breaks.

This is the one you recamended rite?
Labbuda's LED

Thanks for your help on this budda

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you say yours is that brite. I'll trust your judgement on it and ask Snofrog to make it with one like yours only with the clear lens if posible.
I really like the idea of the LED assembly being a standard industry size.
I'll be able to get an exact fit replacement light at any truck stop if it breaks.[/b]
Actually Fraz any 10 LED light is what I have. The one I thought was like mine was only a 6. just search ebay for "oval led" and look at the 10 or 60 led's and they will be fine. Without a doubt this is brighter then my stock one.

Running
[attachment=39920:new_001.jpg]

Brake
[attachment=39921:new_002.jpg]

·
Registered
795 Posts
Nice work snofrog :thumbsup:
Hey labudda lots of custom work being done to the Renegade. I guess a new sled gives you the itch to costomize. :D The sled is looking good.

·
10,054 Posts
Mark, I believe your onto something here,,, how hard would it be to come up with something for the firecat??

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice work snofrog :thumbsup:
Hey labudda lots of custom work being done to the Renegade. I guess a new sled gives you the itch to costomize. :D The sled is looking good.[/b]
Gonna be on the sled for a few years so I wanted to get it the way I wanted from the get go. Thanks, I have spent a ton of time on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
if it wont work for ya I could make one to your specs[/b]
Snofrog,
I've been in touch with Matt about the racks that I'm going to be ordering. I can't wait to get them! If you guys have any questions don't hesitate to call, email, pm whatever..I'll get back as soon as I can, ours are going to be a little different then the others but hopefully it won't be too much of a pain in the A#$ for you to make. Thanks a lot!

Eric

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Have you guys ever tried to make a rack that fits while a 1+1 seat is on a gade? All I am trying to do is get a bag behind the extra seat, but they all say they aren't compatible with it. It looks like there should be room for something back there!

Of course I don't have the sled so I can't actually look at it yet. Dealer says 7-10 more days and 'most' of the sleds should be in. The way my luck runs it will be everything BUT the 600 Gades...

thanks!
dave

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Have you guys ever tried to make a rack that fits while a 1+1 seat is on a gade? All I am trying to do is get a bag behind the extra seat, but they all say they aren't compatible with it. It looks like there should be room for something back there!

Of course I don't have the sled so I can't actually look at it yet. Dealer says 7-10 more days and 'most' of the sleds should be in. The way my luck runs it will be everything BUT the 600 Gades...

thanks!
dave[/b]
you supply the dimms and specs and I can fab it :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts