Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input about the 98 FZ 670.

I still may buy that machine but I am now looking at
a 2000 FZ 700 with Reverse/Electric start.

Any opinions on this machine.

One of my riding buddies has a 2000 MXZ 700 and he is pretty happy with the motor.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I personally thought the 2000 FZ7 was a real sharp looking sled.  The purple hood and silver bellypan look darn nice together.  A plus to having a sled like that is you don't see many of them at all.  Having the zx chassis is a big plus over the 98FZ.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got a 2000 Formula Z 700, have run 3500 trouble free miles, has excellent engine performance (runs nearly as strong as the 800s with better fuel economy).  Ride quality is very good, but if you pound very rough trails you will need to upgrade the rear shocks.  I've only seen one other Fz 7 and 2 Fz 6's the past three seasons.  I've added Ski-Doo's purple running board grips and rear bumper, they make it look really sharp.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I would take the zx over the s chassis.the fz 7 only needs upgraded shocks to be a mogul masher,they are just as quick as the mxz I would have loved to of bought one insted of my mxz just to be differant like was stated in a earlier post.I really never looked before I ordered  my mxz in 00,I had alreeady told my dealer in nov. of 99 to order me one as soon as they were available when I couldn't get a 99 they built very few in 99. so it was ordered before I went in to pay for it.

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys.

I went ahead and bought the 2000  FZ 700.

The machine has Elect. Start and Reverse(mechanical), full electric gauges(fuel/temp) and a factory visor outlet.

It came with 2284KM, a trailering cover, 2 new belts and case of synthetic oil.

I got all this for the amazing price of $5000 Canadian.

Poor Guy, he almost didn't want to sell it, I almost felt bad driving away with the machine.

I took some photos and I will post them as soon as I get new batteries for my digital camera.

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah,

Did you read the caption in the ad?

That's exactly what happened.  I had a bank draft for $5000 + $1000 cash on me.

I handed him the draft, expecting him to negotiate a bit, but he just took it and said that would get him out of debt.

I was really surprized but I wasn't going to offer any extra.

It's a beautiful machine, I should have some pics posted tomorrow.

I pulled the Rave valves out to inspect them and they look like they are from a new machine.  192 gold digger studs. The only problem is the reverse beacon switch sticks on. I just unplugged it and ordered a new switch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Way to go dpaige,

I too saw that ad last week and thought it would be a great machine. Great price too!

Nice job,
StandardZ

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sharp sled.  I would put a silver thong on the headlight and get a chrome cobra windshield.  Hope it is a great sled for ya.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts