Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that you can install a headlight assembly out of a ck3 chasis into a 1998 mxz670 cowl. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is true does it require a lot of work? I can't see well at night and had the chance to ride a 2002 mach z last year and it was like riding in daylight compared to mine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
R2K11, I know part of the answer! I have looked into doing this myself and have posted several questions on here about it in the past. Below is what I can tell you for sure:

The CK3 windshield will fit right onto the S2000 chassis with a bit of grinding on the windshield tabs. The CK3/ZX headlight can be mounted to the S2000 hood and fit nicely into the opening in the CK3 windshield. You will need to fabricate mounting brackets.

Things I do not know for sure:

Does the S2000 cowling need to be trimmed at all around the headlight opening or can it be easily converted back if needed?

Here is the biggest unknown that has kept me from doing this:

Will the 220 watt generator in the S2000 sleds run the twin bulb headlight as well as everthing else? If not what will happen? Burned out stator or just dim lights?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I was considering this too, and held off because of the wattage issue. Try a brighter bulb before doing the conversion would be my advice. Those PII bulbs I've heard about are supposed to be pretty bright. I've got a gold 100/80W bulb in my 670 right now, and it is powered fine. Still not as bright as 2 bulbs, but much better than stock.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I dont know if the S2000 could power both lights. IMO opinion it could but when your running everything the warmers a pretty weak and with one extra light burning it could overdraw. Theres got to be somesort fo calculation for this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the information. I might try the other bulb first. If that doesn't work I might consider trying to add the CK3 light. If I do I will post the pros and cons. The Stator is a big consideration. I will try to do some more research to see if I can learn anymore.

·
Registered
66 Posts
HEY,guys search here ...somewhere i saw a post with a few good pic's and a shoping list....vaguely rember something about stator from a grand touring :)

Last edited by Rocketman at Oct 13 2002, 12:27 PM

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Is it possible to get more wattage out of the 670 engine?

·
Registered
692 Posts
if iyou can get it to fit you will need to splice a 2nd wire to the 2nd light! not sure if it will drain to much ? i put a 97 form 111 into a 98 ck3 and it was a pain in the A$$. and i ran into that splice. sold it before it was done. if it wont drain to much juice i cant see why not!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts