Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know a whole lot about the subject but i was out this weekend and i was having a great day sled ran great no problems at all started heading back to the trailer at night and i noticed my headlight were flickering on and off and when i paid attention i saw that my taillight brakelights and dashlights would do the same my rpm gauge would bounce around to.I was worried my sled would quit on me but it keeped on going great.I took it out the next day and same thing I was wondering if it might be a bad voltage regulator im riding a 2001 formula deluxe 700.Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
sounds like the lighing coil wire may have a lose wire and needs to be resodderd but before you pull the pull start cover check for any lose wires starting at the ligthing coil wire as it comes out of the motor and follow them back also check for lose grounds If moter runs it cant be voltage regulator good luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like the lighing coil wire may have a lose wire and needs to be resodderd but before you pull the pull start cover check for any lose wires starting at the ligthing coil wire as it comes out of the motor and follow them back also check for lose grounds If moter runs it cant be voltage regulator good luck[/b]
Where would i find the lighting coil and would it affect my tach?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Where would i find the lighting coil and would it affect my tach?[/b]

I agree that is probably a lose wire. I would check all of your harnesses, as it seems odd that everything would flicker. The voltage regulator will not affect the way your machine runs, as it controls how much voltage goes to your accessories, ie. lights, battery (if you have one), gauges. When my voltage regulator went out, i kept blowing blubs. But i agree it sounds like a loose ground or a bad connection somewhere.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that is probably a lose wire. I would check all of your harnesses, as it seems odd that everything would flicker. The voltage regulator will not affect the way your machine runs, as it controls how much voltage goes to your accessories, ie. lights, battery (if you have one), gauges. When my voltage regulator went out, i kept blowing blubs. But i agree it sounds like a loose ground or a bad connection somewhere.[/b]
Is there anyware i can get a wiring diagram online.I dont know if it makes a diffrance but i do have elctric start and its fine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground to me.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Where would i find the lighting coil and would it affect my tach?[/b]
Lighting coil is under the pull starter I think my tach was out too.I just put a lighting coil in mine it was doing the same as yours If y0u unpulg wires coming out of moter under rope coil. test there should be two wires that will light up while someone is pulling the rope pull plug wires so motor won,t fire up if two wires light up it means you have a bad ground or a lose wire that needs to be resodded as the lighing wires are sodderd on that would save you about 80.00

1 - 9 of 9 Posts