Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a doo shop manual everyone on all these sites say to buy it you won''t be dissapointed. Well I am a little. It is not as detailed as it could be. The manual does not list the shock specs or spring specs. My front springs are loose when the preload is about 75% as tight as they go. (with the sled off the ground) And when they explain the oil pump settings they only say how to set it up so its in sync. with the carbs, Like a lot of people when they first got there sled they "turned" up the oil pump. I think I did this too I just tightend the cable on the pump. Would this infact give more oil or are these pumps actually non ajustable? Over 50 bucks to get what the Artic Cat owners get in there manuals that come with there sled.

2000 MXZ 600 No mods just simmons skis

·
Registered
279 Posts
When the pump is synced with the carbs it is delivering the recomended oil ratio. Adusting the cable like you did is what is needed to change the amount of oil delivered relative to throttle position. I usually keep track of approx how much oil per gallon of gas I use and set my pump to about 50:1. For suspension valveing and spring inffo I believe the race manual is what your looking for. I know what your geting at as far as the doo manuals go. The owners manual is about useless in compairisment to that of the other manufactures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts