Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What 's the best position for the limiter strap on your sled for riding in the mtns. Is it better to have it sucked up tight to lower you attack angle or to let it out to keep your skiis out of the way?

·
Registered
101 Posts
With your sled,(it's about the same as mine), I would run a fairly long limiter strap. Your angle of attack is one of the best in the industry anyway.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I used to have to run my strap up real tight to get a good track angle but now we(my dads sled and mine) relocated the skidframes and we can run it loose so you have the full travel and a good track angle. Plus the chaincase has been worked over.

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
:withstupid: I run mine and my wifes all the way out. Helps on steering on trails and road and seems to inprove handling in the powder as well... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
269 Posts
All suspension adjustments should be calibrated to individual size and ride. I prefer to have my strap let out in deep powder and partially tightened for the hard spring riding. After all its only 1 or 2 bolts to change it.

RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have mine set loose enough so that when I am climbing the skis are about 6 inches of the snow.(scared the crap out of me the first time,old sled didn't have the ponys to pull the skis)
of course it all depends on snow conditions

1 - 6 of 6 Posts