Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recentely pulled out my whole skid to go through my whole suspension with a fine tooth comb- anti seize, grease, loc-tite as necessary. I replaced both my limiter strap adjustment bolts due to them being siezed and now my question is this. I know that you want a equal amount on each strap, but when i take measurements from mounting holes to make them equal one strap is really tight and the other strap has play in it. Both sides measure equally from center of mounting hole of spindle to center of nearest boggy wheel. Is this ok or should equal tension be on both straps? thanks for your help

-Brett

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I recentely pulled out my whole skid to go through my whole suspension with a fine tooth comb- anti seize, grease, loc-tite as necessary. I replaced both my limiter strap adjustment bolts due to them being siezed and now my question is this. I know that you want a equal amount on each strap, but when i take measurements from mounting holes to make them equal one strap is really tight and the other strap has play in it. Both sides measure equally from center of mounting hole of spindle to center of nearest boggy wheel. Is this ok or should equal tension be on both straps? thanks for your help

-Brett[/b]
you should have screw down adjuster on the limiting strap to equal them out put its probably ok if there is just a small amount of play. the one side will wear out fast then the other that really all. it may stretch some and they could end up being the same. id just adjust it with the screw tightenre and call it good.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you should have screw down adjuster on the limiting strap to equal them out put its probably ok if there is just a small amount of play.[/b]
The "screw down adjusters" is what i replaced. My question is now that ive replaced them do i keep the tension on the straps equal, or the distance from the spindle to the rail equal? When i take a measurement from from the spindle to the boggie wheel center to make both sides equal i have slack on one of the straps and the other is really tight.

·
Registered
593 Posts
When I do mine I loosen them both until there is slack. then I tighten them until the nuts touch the bracket. Then I count turns and that gives me equal pressure on both strap. Not sure if thats the right way or not but it works for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts