Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im only 16, and my dad wont let me finance a new sled :angry: even tho I pay for the one I have. He said he doesnt want his name on any more loans or w/e. EVEN THO I WOULD PAY FOR THE WHOLE THING. anyways, is there any way I can get my self a loan or something?? I need about 4 or 5k. any ideas?? ???

·
Registered
677 Posts
1. Stay in school!
2. Get good grades!
3. Go to college!
4. Get a job!
5. Then go to the bank, I'm sure they'll help you.

At least thats what I did !!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well Im doing that. But I dont wanna wait :angry:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Legal age is 18 to have your name on a finance contract.

·
Registered
677 Posts
What else can I say? I'm a teacher.I was in my 20's before I bought my first sled. I guess I'm a little jealous ;)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Originally posted by sledcrazy@Nov 23 2002, 07:11 PM
Im only 16, and my dad wont let me finance a new sled :angry: even tho I pay for the one I have. He said he doesnt want his name on any more loans or w/e. EVEN THO I WOULD PAY FOR THE WHOLE THING. anyways, is there any way I can get my self a loan or something?? I need about 4 or 5k. any ideas?? ???
Sorry man, but the legal age is 18 to enter into a contract. If the parental unit nixes a co-sign, then there isn't much you can do except wait and save your bux.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:cussing: all i ever do is wait wait wait :angry: sux i can only make my REAL money during april-september :( i work now, but not nearly as much money.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I gotta agree, when I was 16 I didn't have a machine in the same league as your mxz600. By the way, what is it that you want to get, isn't the MXZ a pretty nice sled?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, my MXZ is a GREAT sled, its just that the front suspension has to be re-built every 700 miles or so. (which is every week basically) So I want another sled to keep riding during the down time. All my money from the summer is gone........ Ive gotta job now, but doesnt pay nearly as good :(

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Originally posted by sledcrazy@Nov 23 2002, 03:09 PM
Ya, my MXZ is a GREAT sled, its just that the front suspension has to be re-built every 700 miles or so. (which is every week basically) So I want another sled to keep riding during the down time. All my money from the summer is gone........ Ive gotta job now, but doesnt pay nearly as good :(
Not to get off-topic here, but every 700 miles for front-end rebuild??? Doo guys, that can't be right, can it??? I think something's wrong there s/c.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
If he has the Penski's on front they may require it. But stock shocke deffinetly need rebuilt like that if you are extremely hard on them like most young guys are. A shock and clutch's life are soley dependant apon the riders use and abuse apon it.
Caleb

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I no longer have the stock HPG's on. Ive got FOX clickers on the front end now. Ive heard they need to be rebuilt QUITE often :( Ive got penskes on the back, which dont need to be rebuilt for a long long time :) I think what im going to do is buy some X springs for the shocks upfront, and have the HPG's revalved stiff as hell, so when I need to rebuild my FOX ill throw the HPG on. :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wish i had a sled like that when i was your age. Mine was a 1974 yammaha SL338F, anyway spend the extra money on the springs or buy another pair of shocks the same as the ones you already have if you rebuild them yourself. You will still enjoy the sport without the payment. ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
:nervous: :angry: ??? I THINK YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY!!!! WITH WHAT YOU GOT... WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE I HAD TO BUY MY OWN CAR... AND NOW I'M 26 AND I FINALY GOT MY SLEDS. MAYBE YOU SHOULD GROW UP A LITTLE AND QUIT CRYING. I MEAN COME ON YOUR SLED IS WAY BETTER THEN MINE. YOU SHOULD LEARN TO BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU HAVE ... ANYWAY PRETTY IMPRESIVE THAT YOU PAY FOR YOUR OWN CAR, YOUR INSURANCE , GAS AND YOUR SLED, PLUS SLED INSURANCE !!!!! PLUS ALL THE MAINTENCE... WOW WISH I HAD A JOB LIKE YOU WHEN I WAS 16. :doh:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I lobster for during april-september. sometimes october. My dad does it year round, but Ive got my own boat, and I do it full time in the summer. Now I work at my sled dealer w/ the mechanic during some of the winter. But this summer was kinda half #####, it was my first year, so it took me a while to get started. But I do pay for everything I have.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i thought you'd reply quickly .... just pullin some strings. thought you would be a little more huffy puffy but just kiddin. my friends call me (spoon) because i'm a;ways stirrin up poop!!! good luck with the upgrades sounds like you got a pretty good thing goin. had some buddies with me in the marines who used to lobster up somewhere's by alaska or seatle. tough job and pretty dangerous i hear good luck and stay safe so you ca :p n get some riden in this year!!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks man. Yea, im pretty happy w/ my mods ive done to it. Hopefully they last the season :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts