Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if it's standard procedure to use loc-tite when re-assembling a clutch?
I've never noticed any on my clutches but looking through the ShadeTree magazine I noticed they advertise it in the clutch section. Just curious!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have the two half`s of the primary clutch dune with red locite, but your then need too take apart with propane touch as they grow fond of each other.The dealer here has done this for years weather right or wrong.That`s the only reason mine is that way.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, the only places that Arctic say's to use loctite on the drive cl. is the spider and the nine cover bolts. Use green loctite #620 on the entire threaded area of the spider and blue loctite #242 on the cover bolts.

Auggie

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have never used any (or needed too) neither have any of my friends, if I were to ever have any problems w/ them coming loose I would not hesitate to use some, but I would NEVER use red on parts that wear or on something that you take apart frequently.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Auggie@Nov 5 2002, 05:10 AM
Well, the only places that Arctic say's to use loctite on the drive cl. is the spider and the nine cover bolts. Use green loctite #620 on the entire threaded area of the spider and blue loctite #242 on the cover bolts.

Auggie
Auggie, Where did you get this information? Out of the Service Manual?
I recently ordered one and hope it will help with these kind of questions!
You guys torquing your pins and bolts or just snugging them up?
I didn't know any better last season so I cranked mine on really tight.
Plus I was in a hurry to get back on the trails before the snow melted.
Now I'm going through the clutch again and just want to do everything right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts