Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came from some friendly local grass drags. We had about 30 sleds. Let's start off with the Arctic cats, there was one old 580 ZR, what a pig! There was a 6 and 700 Fire cat there,they were both quite slow, in fact not much difference in the two racing each other I would have to put them both in the 500 class as that was the only thing they could compete with. Everyone agreed that they looked like a canoe.
Quite a few Polaris's showed mostly 600 on up. The 700's did real good, the 600's were more in compatition with the cats and one 800 that was a little slower than the 700's.
Lots of Skidoo's there, the one that impressed me the most was a brand new 600 rev, that thing rocked! It wasn't to far away from the 800 MXZ's!
Cant imajine what a 800 will be like! Hope the 600 doesn't run any better after it get's broke in!! Several MachZ's there, most were getting beat by 800 twin Doo's, not in my best interest!
And Yamaha, we had a SX700 what a joke,a 800 V-max-4 even more of a
joke, two 700 Vipers with triple pipes and one 700 srx which all three ran very well in compaition with the 800 MXZ's but still not as fast.
All in all it was a Skidoo day as usual in the old bean field.

·
Registered
285 Posts
No such thing as a 600 Firecat. Also first post I've seen that said the F7 looked slow. :doh:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read again, the 700 IS slow and LOOKS like a canoe...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Dude if you cant even tell what sleds were there how the hell can we believe you?? Is that F6 a new release?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
He said 500 class in the next sentance.

My buddy just did a run on his new RX-1. He said his SRX would kill it by half the distance. His own words were. What a F***** Let down.

I dont think it was half as bad as the SRX but it was bad. Im very confident in racing him now after seeing that. But he didnt have it set up at all.

Also work from a local grass drag is that the F7 was slower then the 800 REV. But this is just word from a friend so i cant prove it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
But wait a second, acording to all the doo guys the mach Z's never loose. Also where can I get a new F6? I heard rumors about Cats big announcement. Must be it was the F6. :doh:

Last edited by jwheeler at Oct 20 2002, 08:53 PM

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The MachZ's never lose for one reason. There the best.

And I bought a F6 and also lost at the local drags.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok,Ok geeeezzzz so it was a 500 firecat! When they raced each other there was little difference anyway. The 500 was black, the 7 was red and one had a 1" track, the other 1 1/4. They both lost by about 6-7 sled lengths to the little 600 H.O. REV!

Machzzzz1, I'am a Doo guy all the way, but I'am here to tell you I was very dissapointed in our beloved 809 Z's. There was 1- 2001 Z, 1- 2000 Z, 1-99 Z, 1-98 Z, 1-96 Z, and 1-95 Z there. The 95 was the fastest as he run's pro-stock and was just there with friends to show-off. The 96 was bone stock and the fastest of the rest! The 98 has PSI pipes, K-N filters and couldn't beat a stock 800 MXZ! The 99 and 2000 were bone stock and also could'nt beat the 800 twins. And the 2001 had K-N filters and Polaris primary, Cat roller secondary. ALL of these except for the 95 lost 9 out of 10 times to the MXZ 800's!!! What the *ell is up!
Everyone but the 2 Cats and the REV were studded and short tracks.
These same guys run 1 1/2 paddles in the winter. I raced most of them last year and lost by 5-6 sleds with my Z but I blamed it on the 136 x 1 1/2 paddle, I guess not all that much is the fault of the 136? By the way, the track was 500' so maybe if the Mach's had a mile to run they could beat the MXZ's?
I just dont get it! How could a Z with 20-30 H.P. more than a 800 twin lose 9 out of 10 times! I love my triple, it's so smooth and powerful but this really ticks me off!

:cussing:

Sorry, but I have to go break something :cussing:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mikadoo, there are MANY reasons for the Stock Mach Zs to get beat. The biggest being #### poor tuning by the owners. The second is they have tuned them and made them slower. Third is holeshot/hookup. This MUST be properly set up on a Mach or a 600 twin will smoke it in 500 feet. Once you get it hooked up, it will smoke everything you mentioned with ease. The Mach Zs biggest problem is too much power hitting the track and spinning it wildly with the little .880 lugs. Any 2000, 2001 or 2002 is very sensitive to setup as they do not have the ACM nut which makes setting your holeshot easy. I really want to reiterate, 500 twins can out holeshot me on a surface that is optimum for their set up. But, if I hook up, it is all over......

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
not that I'm trying to bash but one day of racing doesn't determine winners lets see what a season can do thanks for taking the time to post all that Mikadoo snows coming folks so remember to keep the racing to the tracks

·
Registered
884 Posts
:withstupid: What were you running, some back yard run what you brung?I have been to several ISR Sanctioned races this year and am here to tell you the F-7 is for real. The 600 HO Rev is also for real. It is amazing how quickly someone can get something new and de-tune it by adding crap that they think will make it faster. If the sleds were not set up for Grass, I could have brought a buddies 440 MXZX out there that is set up for Grass and run with everybody. We'll all find out how they will run when the snow flies!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Catrules2000, yes it was a run what ya brung kind of race. The best kind IMO. I'am sorry, but the f-7 was a big dissapointment, even the 130# owner was steaming mad! Maybe it will get better when it gets broke in?

FastmachZ, I hear ya, many Mach owners have a hard time easing into the throttle when racing. I understand the tuning thing, I finally took mine to ZMachman for a super tune on the clutches and from what little I was able to ride it last spring, I know the 800 twins are going to see a little more of my skis. I know this is just a backyard race, but dont it get you pumped up for the season?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Originally posted by Mikadoo@Oct 21 2002, 06:40 PM
I know this is just a backyard race, but dont it get you pumped up for the season?
With out a doubt!! I'm curious to see for myself how the 900 performs with the big boys, and the pesky little screamin' F7.hehe :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts