Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys put loctight on the bolts in your skid?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Rocketman if you are worried about them coming loose put the blue locktite on then when you want it off loosen one bolt off then tighten it back up then loosen the other side off you may have to go back and forth untill you can get them out

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I use locktite on my rear bolts because they have the most vibration.  I saw a MXZ 800 last year lose this bolt.   Therefore, I figure a little locktite goes a long ways.  Also, formulaman is right about getting the bolts back out.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yes, i use blue loc-tite

·
Registered
858 Posts
I use red for everything in the susp. and never had trouble to get the bolts out after.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i use loctight on my polaris, the bolts have a bad tendency to fall out all the time :-/

oh yeah, impact wrenches work really nice for gettin thoes suspention bolts out

- Jason

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Yup, blue locktight.  Didn't use to but lose 1 bolt a long way from home and ...... lesson learned!
Michael

·
Registered
299 Posts
Blue locktite here.   And Impact is the only way to take out the suspension bolts.... or any other bolt for that matter.  Susp bolts zip right out with impact, with a wrench or socket you spend time going from one side to the other.

·
Registered
1 Posts
for the susp bolts, i've found that if you have a stubborn bolt(usually the rear) you can get a vice grips up under the tunnel and grip the locking coller on the upper wheel by the springs, no spining and it comes right out

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
rocketman,
in the ski-doo service manuals it specifies loctite on certain bolts.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
2slow2go, blue loctite is not stronger than red 271.  Permatex has the equivelant to red loctite brand that is blue in color however.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts