Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on taking a three day weekend the 16th thru the 19th around Paw Paw Michigan. I've called a few places, but I'm not sure they are on the trails. The Super 8 in Paw Paw said the trail was right behind the motel but I'm not so sure about that. The aerial view shows that the Interstate runs right behind the motel. I could really use some help here. I don't need anything fancy. Just a couple of rooms that are clean and warm. Hopefully something with in 20 miles or so of Paw Paw.

Thanks for any feedback in advance.
snow_bone

·
Registered
980 Posts
O.K. I am your man for this one. I live in Paw Paw and I also give the reports for that area on MI interactive.
There is NO hotel in Paw Paw that has direct trail access. The Comfort Inn and Super 8 are both close to a drop lot, but they are inside city limits and all snowmobiles are banned within city limits.
All hotels in this area require dropping at a drop lot, we are not set up for door to trail access. Our trail and our community will not support it, in fact, most places of business around here do not particularly care for snowmobiles.
Enforcment in this area is EPIC and they are not writing warnings, they sat at the Speedway station last Sunday and wrote ticket after ticket to anyone who crossed the I-94 bridge.

I am 99% sure there is no direct access in Gobles or Lawton (just don't know of any hotels in those towns).
The only place I know of that does have door to trail access is a small Inn in Allegan. I believe it is called 'The Lake View Inn, or Lake Side Inn', a quick google search will probably turn it up.
Allegan is another town that is very limited to snowmobiles, but there is one access loop through part of town that can get you to a gas station or food, but be careful big parts of that area have also banned sleds this season and the Sheriff is enforcing like crazy.

If you do ride down here please be VERY respectful of trails, land, and people. Only ride within the confidence markers and be on the look out for enforcment. I saw 8 different officers last Saturday on a 120 mile trip and the DNR was even out Monday afternoon (and it was only 2 degrees!). The trails down here are always at the edge of extinction and with all the traffic we have been getting lately land owner complaints are massive.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Versatileman!!!!!! I will check out the Lake Side Inn. Also you can bet the farm my a$$ will stay on the trails! It never ceases to amaze me the lack of respect people have for other peoples property! Thanks for your service on fishweb!!

snow_bone

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
I'm planning on taking a three day weekend the 16th thru the 19th around Paw Paw Michigan. I've called a few places, but I'm not sure they are on the trails. The Super 8 in Paw Paw said the trail was right behind the motel but I'm not so sure about that. The aerial view shows that the Interstate runs right behind the motel. I could really use some help here. I don't need anything fancy. Just a couple of rooms that are clean and warm. Hopefully something with in 20 miles or so of Paw Paw.

Thanks for any feedback in advance.
snow_bone[/b]

If you are coming up here just to ride, I suggest staying in Allegan at the Sunset Motel & Suites. 269-673-6622. There is plenty of snow in Paw Paw, but there is a lot more in Allegan. I live in Gobles, which is right in between and we have quite a bit more here than Paw Paw as well.

The trail isn't far from the Super 8, but I'm pretty sure that you will have to do some road riding and part of it will be on M-40 getting out of town and across the interstate.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a bunch idooski! I'll check out the Sunset Motel as well. This site is a treasure chest of good people and good information. Don't know what I would do with out it!

snow_bone

·
Registered
980 Posts
I think Idooski nailed the name of the Inn / hotel on the trail in Allegan.

Ya, the roadside on M-40 is what they are really cracking down on, you can not ride an M road down here without a variance from the local club. Since there is no trail that comes close to an M road any more in Paw Paw, the clubs did not petition for access (like near Ski's bar and Grill) where it is now illegal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts