Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just today i have had to log in everytime i get on the SW does anyone else have to do the same thing ? never had to before just every once in a while.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
We recently merged both domains (sw.com and sw-s2.com). This has affected the login a bit.

Keep logging in for today and see if the problem goes away. If not, please reply here.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Corey...I don't know if you're messing around with something, but I just switched to winXP and I am having to log in all the time now as well.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
To users having problems staying logged in:

1. Log back in and click the "Delete cookies set by this board" link on the MAIN FORUM PAGE.

2. Then delete ALL browser cookies.

3. Make certain that your browser is set to ACCEPT cookies.

4. Log back into the forums.

If this doesn't help, please post here again.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Ok...when I come to the site, I am not logged in. But if I press "log in" It logs me in before I type in my username and password.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
ok...here's how I fixed it (  i think it was me )

I erased all cookies like Corey said...then logged in as per normal. THEN created a bookmark/favorite after I was logged in. Has worked ever since.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rocketman,
 after you did what you did and created your bookmark will it take you right past the Sw main page ? mine still won't work the way it used to and i deleted all cookies and i always had it bookmarked before i just deleted the bookmark and did another one.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Yes Paul. I bookmarked the main page of the forums while logged in and that seems to have fixed my problem.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rocketman,
 i had to bookmark the forum page i tried the main page and it did not work. i'm not going to concern myself until the main page has the final construction.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if we bookmark the message forum and completely skip the main page then we will be passing right by the paying advertisers that are a contributing factor in the cost of keeping SW alive. so as soon as the main page is complete i am going to go through it to get to the message forums.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
When I open up the forum I'm shown that I'm not logged in, but if I open up a topic it shows me as logged in. what's with that?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Yeah...zert..that's what was happening to me. I just bookmarked the main forum page while logged in and it has worked ever since

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks danny me boy it works great now, maybe i'll just fax you a $1000.00 right now. what is your fax number ?  

1 - 19 of 19 Posts