Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While everyone else is buying stuff for their boats, and went down to the dealship today and ordered up a long track kit for the dragon. Next time it hits the snow it will be on a 136" track. Hopefully we get enough powder this winter that I'll actually need it.
I haven't ordered the track yet, though I'm 99.5% sure that I'm going to go with a 1.25" Predator. I'll never own another Ripsaw again. I've never seen a track come apart so fast as the stock Ripsaw did. Can you say J-U-N-K ? The only problem with a Predator is, it's not cheap. But at least I know from expirience that it's a really good track, on and off trail.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
For some reason I thought you already had the 136 :whatever: Anyways that is going to be one sweet setup with the bigger sneaker underneath ya :thumbsup:

Maybe your Ripsaw was a factory defect, I beat the living crap out of the Ripsaw I had on my 02 and it was still mint when I sold it to Fastblack800cat. :huh:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a Predator on my SKS too, so I know that the track works great on the snow, as well as the water.
Jason, I don't think the problems with my Ripsaw was a factory defect. Friends of mine here in north bay with FST's have each had their Ripsaw tracks come apart, much worse then mine. At least I'm only missing lugs and seeing some delamination. The track didn't explode apart on me and leave me stranded, thankfully.

A watersled hey? That's a good idea. I had planned on doing something like that with my XCR, but after smashing it up in 06 I ended up selling it off. Maybe I need another beater.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Just a quick note on the Ripsaw. I recently purchased an Apex, have been doing a lot of reading on those boards. From what I've read, I guess they're tearing the factory Ripsaws up pretty regular with those sleds too. Same thing, ripping off lugs, and chunking/delaminating. Lot of them are going Predator also. FWIW

Newfie, Polaris has a 136" kit for the IQ with full length rails? Is it expensive like the Edge kit?

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
I'll never own another Ripsaw again. I've never seen a track come apart so fast as the stock Ripsaw did. Can you say J-U-N-K ?[/b]
JUNK, if the term fits then use it. of the two i know of that came apart one i know for sure was in it's first season.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Newfie, Polaris has a 136" kit for the IQ with full length rails? Is it expensive like the Edge kit?[/b]
Yup, it's essentially the same kit as the Edge, with a different tunnel extension.

It's not cheap, I'll grant you that. I chose it because Polaris accessories are always a nice, clean, easy bolt on, and I've always been partial to the full length rails instead of extensions.

The track is the expensive part though. Does anyone have any leads on a cheap place for new tracks?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm, $365US. I wonder what that works out to in Canadian Dollars these days. I know our dollar is super strong these days, so it might not be that bad.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Heres an exchange site. Type in the canadian money and it gives you the amount in USD

So, 365 USD is 387.57 CAD

·
Registered
361 Posts
A watersled hey? That's a good idea. I had planned on doing something like that with my XCR, but after smashing it up in 06 I ended up selling it off. Maybe I need another beater.[/b]

Sure looks like u already got a watersled based on that picture

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Hmmm, $365US. I wonder what that works out to in Canadian Dollars these days. I know our dollar is super strong these days, so it might not be that bad.[/b]
just watch shipping and customs.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
id also say tracksusa.com but hey if you are looking for a little more padel you can get a 1.5 intense track which is basically a 1.5 predetor. your call

·
Registered
183 Posts
As mentioned above tracksusa.com seems to have some good prices. I'm the lucky lad with a couple fst's that has blown apart and the replacement track on one of them is now torn. That's 3 ripsaw's with 6000 miles on both the sleds. We're looking at the ice ripper for this season.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I gather those are Polaris spec Ripsaws to keep the price down

manufacture do that btw aka buy a JD and home Depot vs buying a JD at a JD dealership

Nothing wrong with my Ripsaw and I bought it used

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
<<<I gather those are Polaris spec Ripsaws to keep the price down>>>

Maybe Yamaha is buying that spec. too? As mentioned, they seem to have identical problem....

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
If you can wait until the sled show in the fall there is usually some competiion between dealers on tracks. There is a place in New lowell(I think) that always has a booth and lots of tracks. JT's seems to stick in my head.
I longtracked my rev and loved the difference it made

·
Registered
795 Posts
If you can wait until the sled show in the fall there is usually some competiion between dealers on tracks. There is a place in New lowell(I think) that always has a booth and lots of tracks. JT's seems to stick in my head.
I longtracked my rev and loved the difference it made[/b]
JT's is the place. If you wait till the show in the fall, look for the booth with lots of new & used snowmobile hoods

1 - 20 of 43 Posts