Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally have some photos of the long track kit. The sled is ready to rock, I just have to stud the track, and get the straps changed on the luggage so I can strap it down.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, for whatever reason, it's only taking one pic per post. Oh well. Here's the tail light relocated.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Nice work Newfie, your not going to ruin that new track with studs are ya? :wink:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice work Newfie, your not going to ruin that new track with studs are ya? :wink:[/b]
I most certainly am, ASAP. I just need to take some backing plates off my old track and I'm all set.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Nice job. Sounds as though the kit is working out good for you. Get those studs moved over ASAP. The trails will turn icy and you will be needing them. You can always sell the old track, there are many requests for used tracks - at least down here anyway.

Take Care.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Yes they are. Why?[/b]

my advice to you is to add a cross rod front and rear to your rack to keep it ( the tank ) from sliding front to rear then use a ratchet strap just like you have in your picture of the bungies . my accy fuel can isnt as tall as yours but I still had issues with it wanting to tip/flip over when full and pounding the trails . your experience may differ. I`m just trying to offer up mine , as it may save you a headach (and a mess ) down the road . M

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The test rides so far haven't revealed any problem with the can tipping over. The bungees are very tight. The was some minor movement though, and the can was rubbing on the bolt for the seat, so there are some issues to work out.
I do like the idea of the cross braces though, and I bought some aluminum rod just for that, but didn't get around to putting then on.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Nice job Lee .... how are the ride adjustments coming??

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice job Lee .... how are the ride adjustments coming??[/b]
Thanks Mike.
For mogul riding it's set up just about perfectly. Once we get lots of snow and I start cruising power lines I might have to look for more transfer, but so far I couldn't ask for a better set up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts