Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here heard about longtracking a REV yet. I would be very interested in one for next year but since I doo alot of powder ridding, I'm kinda hesitating. I'd figure a 136" track on that light chassis would really rock in the deep stuff. I know this might be abit early but some info on this site seems to be ahead of it's time sometimes.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
AC,  Kuster used a back up sled of Morgans in the Winter X-Games.They bolted uo a longtrack for the hillcross races.Kuster kicked buttox.It should not be a big deal to do.The only thing I think that is ahead of the times is Doo.

·
Registered
360 Posts
exactly what the rev needs is a 136 with a 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch track now your talking!!!!sign me up

·
Registered
240 Posts
Put an M-10 on it and you will have one sweet riding machine!!  A friend of mine is going to do it.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Went to the doo dealer today and inquired about buying a 136" 1.5" paddle REV.  He says no word yet about long track REVS. If they have one I told him im IN.  I can't see them not releasing it in SUMMIT form unless there is a deep powder issue, but i wouldnt think so. Those mountain guys usually get the good stuff first.  The doo dealer says they will build me one if not.  Gotta get rid of that funky aluminum connector crap in the back though. The open crosser long tracker doesn't have it. Can't see it helping in powder.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Permafrost~  I don't understand that either
 Can anyone here fill me in on why the have that connector on the rear of the tunnel?  No matter what, I will be riding a new 2003 REV next season!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Midnight, I think the only reason for having that funky, multi-angle snowflap is to keep the weight down. Because of the shorter seat, the tunnel ends well before the track does, so instead of just extending the tunnel to mount a snowflap on, they just extended the snowflap. It makes sense, seeing as how plastic weighs less than metal (duh? lol
), but it does look rather... well... ugly, if you ask me.

I also have minor concerns about the unsprung weight involved in attaching the snowflap to the rear axle... But, Ski-doo thoughtfully realized that, hey, since we made it out of lightweight plastic, it won't add that much unsprung weight, anyway!

That's my take on it...

·
Registered
64 Posts
They will be easy to long track! thats what im going to do..136by1.50...good allaround track.  and by putting an m10 on it would be a step backwards as the sc 10-3 is a much better riding and working skid than the m10.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The REV uses a 15" wide track, right? That is one of the reasons I favor thr REV over the FireCat, I think the REV with a 136 1.5 would an excellent machine.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
dfi800,that SC10 3 skid is so good,its hard to believe you are driving an MXZ.Feels like a goose down pillow that sucks up major moguls without even breaking a feather.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes the rev uses the 15inch track the 13.5 is about worthless as you might have noticed with this seasons racing results.
MXZ7...hey now!!!! im not that old yet
 and you are not going to believe how good the new rev rides...WOW.... nothing will stand up to it in the rough..... now only if we can get some more snow...also how did you like the announcement of the rfi-sdi...next step dfi....cool huh!! skidoo is the hi tech leader..time to pull away

1 - 11 of 11 Posts