Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the pros/cons of a long track. I know they are good for mountains and deep snow but what else. How are they on Michigan trails? Particulary an '00 Thudercat with 136" track?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
In my opinion a 136 is a great idea on larger cc sleds. You don't notice the length of a 136 much and it doesn't add much weight either. You should get alot more traction though. It will also ride better on bumps being it can bridge some of the smaller stutter bumps.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Bigdude, thought you bought that MachZ? Are you still reconsidering?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yeah he reconsidering :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
Either way, they're both fast, they're both nice sleds. If you do go with the Doo just resist the temptation to constantly post on the boards how everything else sucks.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Well the canadians are proud of their sled which is expected. i noticed most ppl in the posts with skidoos are from canada. But thats alright. :D

·
Registered
884 Posts
:withstupid: Very good Point!! :blahblah:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Dude.......If you're looking at a T-Cat with a 136", the first thing you'll want to do is get rid of that stock paddle track. The 136 in the T-C is definitely not for the mountains (too short). Throw on a finger track with a 1.25" lug, and you wouldn't believe it was the same sled. Oh yeah, you'll have to spend some money under the hood to get it to run like it was suppose to. ps. I'm a cat owner..... ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by atyszka@Nov 5 2002, 09:19 PM
Bigdude, thought you bought that MachZ? Are you still reconsidering?

Kind of a funny thing happened. Yeah I bought the mach. Turns out a guy at work wants to buy it from me at a higher price. Its not finalized yet but I am just keeping my eyes open for other sleds. Just in case.

If I do sell the mach to the guy I have to find something that will still beat him so I thougt what better than a Tcat. I have always been a Cat guy anyway. That may change or may not, we will see. In the meantime, at least I have a sled to look at now!

·
Registered
23 Posts
SWRules Unless you are planning to race all the time a long track is allway better.The first time you cant go and explore new snow or you are stuck for uun hour.You will understand that. The little extar money is will worth it. longer the track and deeper the lug, the better. :doh: :doh:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Bigdude, I do know that more track on the ground means more traction, duh. But you might get a better response to this question in the Mountain section. I would think most of the riders there have long track sleds.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
ditto :withstupid: :D

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Michigan trails, huh? 1-2 ft whoops, right? Longer track will help you skim from peak to peak a lot better and provide a much smoother ride.

·
Registered
310 Posts
is 136" that much better???? I like going fast as hell on trails and hitting big jumps, i suppose they are still good for that right?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
once you try a well set up 136..1.25,you will not want a 121 anymore :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
;) A long track on a Thundercat! now that would be a little different. We here in the Mountains normally want the lightest sled we can find with the longest track that can be put on it. I have settled on the 600cc sleds for my mountain riding since they are normally lighter but some guys want that power. I would rather get the good fuel mileage and ride all day and not have all the power; but everyone has a different idea about what is a good time..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts