Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok winter is almost over and im thinking about a summer project, and i was thinking i will keep my sled for another year just to see how all the new sleds work out but i want to put a 136", 1.25 track on it with the extension kit and was wondering has anyone here done this with theirs and how did it work out.  If you got a pic that would be cool too.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
jwheeler,by the time you spend all that money to long track it,you might as well go order up a Renagade,especially after hearing how you beat the tar out of your current machine.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Jwheeler:

I have a 136" 1.75 track im going to be putting on my mxz this summer myself for playing. Im going to be starting it shortly and will let you know with pics..Steve

·
Registered
101 Posts
jwheeler,
I did this mod to my HO two years ago and I love it. Never again will I have a short track!! I will take a couple pics tonight and post them here.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mxz7 my sled never got hurt it was me that took the blunt of it, and im not really in the market for a new sled yet because i want a new truck this year.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
One thing that I will say is dont put rail extentoins on......buy the solid rails from doo.......they are alot stonger if you like to get air......The instructions on the rail extention kits tell you that they are not for jumping.......

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry about the goofing around, I am trying to figure out this pic resizing and posting stuff.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Rave
I dont think even a long track would have gotten you out of that one...........nice stuck pic ......one of the better ones I have seen

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rave i think the next time you post a picture you should crop it to get rid of all the empty space around the actual pic, and it would make it alot smaller.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey wheeler your just as well to buy a new sled. I also hate to burst your bubble about newfoundland but lets face it the snow there on a regular basis sucks.You havent seen snow till you go to B.C.  p.s I lived in newfoundland 20 years.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the useful info there kendall, but if the snow sucks here so much why do i still have anywhere from 2.5 to 3 feet of packed white stuff outside my door and blankets of powder in on the hills still yet untouched in april, i dont call that too bad.  Most everyone else on this board have been riding on mud and grass for most of the winter.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have done a few s-chassis LT conversions, usually worth the time if you don't mind spending the money. I did one w/rail extensions which work fine if you don't jump it, nice inexpensive alternative. Ideally buy the SkiDoo tunnel extension then buy an M10LT. flotation, traction & ride quality one very smooth package.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would suggest that you put a 1.5" lug on your sled.  This kit on my sled is from ski-doo with rail extensions.  I do alot of jumping and never had an extension bend yet.  The sled pic looks low because it is sucked down for drags at the time of pic.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats looks great rob.  I cant see them breaking unless you are landing jumps straight on the back end, and if you are doin that you shouldent be jumping because you are pounding your sled to death.  I think i will go for it this summer and i might even go with the 1.5 inch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts