Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say I wanted to stretch my rocket out to 136". Obviously I need to lengthen the rails, and I think for the type of riding I do, I would have to go with solid rails (ie no extensions).
      What else do you need? How do you extend the tunnel? What happens to your suspension geometry? What does this usually cost people?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
theres not much to it,suspension geometry says the same,unless your pulling back the suspension,but you dont do that from a 121-136,you can get rail extensions that actually extend the rail so you can run a 136 slider,then all you need is a tunnel extension,i think its around $180 from your bombi dealer,very easy to install you can do the whole thing in a few hours.your looking at 300-350cdn plus the track..some people actually make their own rail extension and tunnel ext,the one guy i know did this for$60 cdn,just doesnt look as good though..

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I see in the Sept. issue of snow tech a Co. is offering a solid rail that uses your 6" rear wheels or an optional 8", that would be nice. No web or price,the ph# is:763-712-8456.
I picked up my rail and tunnel ext. from specilty sleds in Canada, I think I payed $90.00 for tunnel and & $120.00 for rails in U.S. funds.
A word to the wise on the rails, they do not extend the hi-fax and the set up is cheesy at best. It took a lot of fabing on my part to make it a stable set up, I wont go into details unless you want to know. Wish I had a digital camera to show you.
Geometry is somewhat different [should have been like this in the first place] the ride is WAY better, you can still use the boivin connectors and I turned my spring down 1 from 3. I also found if you tighten up the ACM all way, the ride is about 70% better yet and it keeps the skis planted on the corners but still has great weight transfer!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Can I join Team Renagade LadyK with my project strecthed to 136? I'll let you abuse it for a day
Caleb

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ski-Doo sells a 121-136 inck extension kit that will allow the use of 136 inch track AND hyfax.  The kit looks preety good.  The rails look like actual cut rail that bolts right on. I am just not sure if the kit can be used on the SC10II or the SC10III because of the coupling device.  I cant see why not!
(The catalog states "All SC10 Suspensions")

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
mikadoo there is a company making an extension which makes it a full rail to use a 136 inch slide.if you get the skidoo kit you still have to use the 121 slide

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
panteraone, my kit does have the full 136 hifax but only after a lot of fabing on my part.
Chuckman24, doo's kit is like the specilty sled kit, NO extention of the hifax and also comes with a ton of un-nessesary parts. One other thing I forgot to mention was both Co's said not to do any 'hard' tail landings with their kits [snap off] so again, if you dont have the abilities to make their kit workable, either buy a 136 skid or buy 136 rails.
Rocketman has a SC-10 skid so if you buy 136 rails or skid like off a Summit you wont be able to use the Boivin connecters and the sled will be a wheeling fool as they dont have ACM.
Only 136 skid that will work and have coupling is off a renegade or a grand touring....

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sled Dogg @ Sep. 19, 2002, 8:39pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can I join Team Renagade LadyK with my project strecthed to 136? I'll let you abuse it for a day
Caleb
[/b][/quote]
You sure can Caleb......but you might be sorry if you let me abuse your ride for a day

·
Registered
45 Posts
I talked to the dealer today and he showed me a picture of the kit.  He said the kit comes with 136 inch hyfax and will always take 136 inch hyfax.  The problem with the renegade suspension is that there is now way to fit the C46 race shock into it. This causes a problem for people who like to take big jumps.  The dealer I talked to said that they were testing the extension kit last winter on one of their 800 pro mod race sleds.  After a full two days of racing, they inspected the extensions a found NOTHING WRONG!  No bends, No cracks, No nothing.  The dealer did tell me that he does not recommend customers treat their sled extensions the same way only due to the fact that product warranty covers only defects not misuse.  But he did say" Testing does not lie!"

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i had an m-10 with extensions to 136,it used the full 136 slide,very strong and had no problems,if they would have bent ,a full rail would have bent also, it was that strong,i bought them from fast

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mikadoo @ Sep. 20, 2002, 2:43pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">panteraone, my kit does have the full 136 hifax but only after a lot of fabing on my part.
Chuckman24, doo's kit is like the specilty sled kit, NO extention of the hifax and also comes with a ton of un-nessesary parts. One other thing I forgot to mention was both Co's said not to do any 'hard' tail landings with their kits [snap off] so again, if you dont have the abilities to make their kit workable, either buy a 136 skid or buy 136 rails.
Rocketman has a SC-10 skid so if you buy 136 rails or skid like off a Summit you wont be able to use the Boivin connecters and the sled will be a wheeling fool as they dont have ACM.
Only 136 skid that will work and have coupling is off a renegade or a grand touring....[/b][/quote]
Yeah....the way we ride around here (and xc_600 can attest to this...) tail landings are not uncommon...plus, I'm not the smallest rider in the world. I don't go huge, but I do land on the tail sometimes. How much abuse can extensions take?
     I never thought about losing the ACM if I go to a summit skid. Good point.

So is the SkiDoo kit any good or no? I like the sound of these kits you guys are talking about that extend the sled rail.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Unless the Skidoo extention kit has changed since last year you cannot add full hifax. I did an extensive search last year, you couldn't even buy a Doo kit until late Dec. and everyone had the same crappy kit. I see in the new Hi. Perf.Eng. catalog they offer a full kit but only for Cat.
Yamaha has the only true kit out but that wont do us any good.
Rocketman, if you really want to do this extention, PM me and I will get into details about it.....

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the offer. Right now I'm just getting some info. I will only consider doing it if we get a good snow early in the year. Otherwise, no go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts