Snowmobile World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around and trying to find a sled, and I found a sled it is 1996 Arctic Cat ZRT800. Its all stock except it has been studded.  The miles on it are 2000.  I was wondering if that year had any problems and if that sounds like a good deal.  He is asking 2300 dollars for it.  Thanks

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Good sled had a 95 with 6000 miles, and a 96 with 4000 miles.  they can be prone to fire.   Normally if one cylinder gets flooded and back fires,  good luck.  best year for the graphics.  where is it located ? just wondering for price comparison.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The 1996 ZRT's are extremely fast.  I know someone with a zrt 600 and it beat most 700's and keeps up with some 8's. It is stock as well.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I had that particular sled and loved it, allthough I did have something break on it just about every year...speedometer gear first year, jackshaft bearings next year, exhaust (factory) pipe caught bellypan on fire the next year.  When there was nothing wrong, it was awesome.  I just got tired of it breaking down every year, since I bought it brand new.  All these things happened w/less than 1500 miles on it.  I do believe also that those were the best graphics...actually been trying to make those graphics fit on my ZR...it might just work.

BTW, where are you located...just curious, I traded mine in Chicago.  It was stock except for V-force reeds, skid plate, and hood screens.  Someone could have added studs after I traded it.

For those miles and around $2000, I would buy it if it's in good shape.  That sled has a lot of potential, but is a really quick sled nearly stock.  Let us know what you do.

·
Registered
79 Posts
IMO The zrt 800 is a great machine.  My dads is a 199 and has 2500 miles on it.  We have had absolutly nothing go wrong with it and the power is EXCELLENT.  I imagine they have change many things in the handling and body parts from 1996-1999 but the engine is pretty weel the same, except for the flat slide carbs.  I dont know about the deal b/c its from the states but if its affordable then you should definatly get it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had a 96 ZRT 800 was very fast Loved the sled. Faster and Quick than my new ZL 800 SS. I put a Goodwin roller clutch kit in it and would highly recomend and stud it so you can stop.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Is that the one in Rochester? Troy? MI. There was one I looked at this spring somehwere that an asian couple was trying to sell for their son. I would check the track, If that is it, I think it had some studs torn out. Kevin

·
Registered
413 Posts
How about a 99 ZRT 800 with studs and 2000 miles for $3500.  Let me know if interested.  I'm in PA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I live in Boone, IA.  The sled is located in anoaka, MN.  It is a 3.5 hour drive for me.  Everything is stock except has been studded.  Another question is if I go for a zrt600 will there be much change in performance, a little lighter or somewhat like that.  My girlfriend wrecked my other sled last winter and know I looking into buying a used ZRT because those have been my favorite sleds for along time.  Thanks

G

·
It funnels down to what your preference is.  I have ridden 600s and 800s and the 600 suits me just fine.  If you are used to an 800 you will miss the power if you go with a 600.  Best of luck in your choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts