Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody familiar with this truck? Any problems with the engines? Fuel mileage? What engines did it come with? How is it for pulling? Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Here is a pic:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blazers are kind of small on the inside...and I want somethign to pull the sleds with. The guy wants $2500 for this one...but I would start of with a $2000 offer (84 is pretty old)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Why dont you get a pick-up truck and put the rocket in it ! you would save 500$-1000$ on a trailer and could get a more recent pick-up ! the 92-93 rangers are cute !  

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The 2.9 was not known for it's power or long term reliability.
My wifes cousin had one and it has it's share of probs.Headgaskets,tranny and numerous front ends not to mention many wiring and drivability problems.And he and i both
are licensed mechanics.The most i would pull with it would be two sleds and don't think about passing anyone.I agree with danr and think you should look for a jimmy/blazer with a 4.3
as they are around the same price range.I'll sell ya my wifes 91

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah...I not much for Fords anyway. I thought the broncos had 8's in them. Blazer is too small on the inside for my liking

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
All the bron 2's had 2.9 v6 and there might have been a 4 banger option back when they first came out.But four cyl and truck don't really go together  

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
The carbed 2.8 L engine in that Bronco II is a POS.Biggest prob is the heads cracking from poor design also the cam bearings can spin and blocks the oil passage that goes to the lifters.Trans. in them also are junk.I would rather pull a trailer with a Celebrity

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes! That 2.8L is a piece of scrap.....they even used it in the dreaded Pinto before that! The heads are junk, they have a noisy valvetrain, no power, bad mileage etc...... I would recommend passing on it.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
slarson,
 snowmobiles on trade but no cats, are you just tired of that colour ? LOL

·
Registered
741 Posts
Slarson and mxz7 hit the nail on the head. Stay as far away from that thing as possible. The 2.8 which is in that truck is junk. You have to adjust the lifter as they are not hydraulic, the 2.8 went thru heads like a kid goes thru candy. I know I work at a ford dealer and did when they came out with that pos. Kevin

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
stay away from those things i know guys who have had them and they are nothing but trouble its a ford and an old ford for gods sake, and that aint a truck its was fords first poor excuse for a sport utility or a jeep or something??  Go and get yourself a truck so you can put your sled right in the back and there is no worries about anything because one its there and tied in it feels much safer than a trailer i think.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
rocketman,
 do you guys have the drive clean exhaust tests out there ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts