Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im looking for a new full face helmet. Ive had open faces in the past, and Im sick of my face being cold on those brutal days. What can you recommend? Ive heard good things about the Txi helmets from Cat, and HJC (the CL-12 in particular). Ive found a few good deals on both of those. Also, not really looking to spend an arm and a leg either...maybe $150 or so. Im a Cat guy too, so something from bombardier just isnt gonna cut it.:D Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
113 Posts
wizzells,

First, NEVER sell yourself short on a good helmet. Remember, if you have a $10 head, wear a $10 helmet. Since you do have budgetary contraints, I use an HJC CL-10, the predecessor to the CL-12. I have the electric visor and it works AWESOME! I would reccommend the SKI-DOO MODULAR though if you have the money. You can get them in plain solid colors so don't worry about being out of sync color wise.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've heard nothing but good comments about both the TXi and the Doo modular. Can't go wrong with either.
As for price, I've seen some dirt cheap prices on helmets on E-Bay (not necessarily those models though).
You just have to be patient and keep watching.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
If you are a cat guy, go with the TXi. I have one and it is by far the best helmet cat has come out with. Never had a problem with fogging or cold face. I have also heard good thing about the modular accept for a cheap clip or something that breaks easily when you flip the front up.

·
Registered
959 Posts
well i have 2 hjc's and 2 bieffe's the hjcs were about 125 and the bieffe's were 80 and you cant tell the difference you pay for the stickers on the side ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
yea theres a clip on the face piece on the skidoo modular that does occasionally break but i think its still the best helmet out there just carry a couple extra clips with you and you'll be ok they come in a few different colors to choose from i was at my local dealer the other day and they have them for $259 us

·
Registered
132 Posts
My wife bought me an HJC CL-12 last year and I would definitely recommend it. I think it was around 150 bucks. I didn't have any fogging problems with it, but will add the heated shield plug to my sled this season just in case. You can change the faceshield on the CL-12 by hand (no screws needed) which is another plus.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i've got the hjc with a heated visor and without the heated visor you have to lift the visor a crack when going in the bush, i can't complain. but the rave is modular.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have a full face Cat helmet with dual lens, don't know what model but I bought it last year. It has a removable cover on the inside to keep your breath from fogging up the lens. Man it keeps my head warm! The only thing I don't like, is when it snows, it fogs up big time. and the snow/ice sticks to the lens. other than when its snowing, it rarely fogs up.

My next one will be with some sort of heated lens, full face helmet. or i will just buy a heated lens for it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I love my CL-12.

I hear Santa is bringing an electric visor to my house this year. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow,

thanks for all the replies guys...i'll probably end up going with the HJC CL-12. I found a great deal on it, so i'll likely jump on it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Originally posted by paul yarek@Oct 31 2002, 05:11 PM
i've got the hjc with a heated visor and without the heated visor you have to lift the visor a crack when going in the bush, i can't complain. but the rave is modular.
When was the last time you were in the bush Pauly? :hallo1:

I bought the modular and was not comfortable with it,so I returned it to the dealer for full refund. Then bought the HJC with heated visor,very very happy with it. Hell I dont even use the breath deflector,sux after you eat garlic bread though. ???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts