Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
folger "hers some facts.
rev 600 ho 3 days old  5.67 on 500' grass!!!!"

Looking for link to grass drag this sled ran in and won, who owns it (what team)?

Thanks

·
Registered
625 Posts
I believe folgers was at the grassdrag at Culleys ranch in Lancaster, MA. Bickford was there and running REV's I have not found any results posted on the net for this race but I will try to find them.

·
Registered
692 Posts
i was there sat when he ran that# call cullys and ask for yourself. or better yet go to ski doo dealers look under epson nh and get bickfords # call and ask!
toy, i dont run my mouth on false info!!!!
cullys # 978 368 6600

a fact is a fact
another fact our imp 800 after 3 runs got in the 5.6s

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"another fact our imp 800 after 3 runs got in the 5.6s"

Thats why I'm looking for the link.
If it was at Fenwick, 5.6's would have give him:
2nd in I/S 600 (with only Marchband faster with a 5.5)
3rd in I/S 700
2nd in I/S 800

So did he turn this time at a drag event, or just testing?

·
Registered
692 Posts
the event was friday sat and sun i do beleive sunday was for points. not sure if sat was or  not.
by the way it ws a 600 stock class. if you need any other info call bickford the person who ran it!!
603 736 9050

i guess for lanny benoint to be there it was a race no?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The REV is cross between Yamaha 80's Sno-Scoot & Phazer with a big twin, what's new? [/b][/quote]

Its pretty hard to belive, huh toydoc.  A yamaha 80's sno-scoot and a phazer with a big twin running almost record times.  

Toydoc let it go.  You are way to suspect of people and bitter at the world.  THe rev is the future and has nothing to do with the mistakes yamaha made in the 80's and the big twin yamaha is to afraid to make these days.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Machzzzz1,
  I think that you are jumping on TOYDOcwith no cause man. He has never been one to say a negative word about a brand or make that I'm aware of. I'm sure he's like the rest of us and just wants the fact on what was ran and the true times. I'm also sure he's as shocked at the et's as everyone else has been. If you actually read his post he only asked about the et's and where the times were ran at. You need to stop jumping all over people man. You know we love having you but sometimes you vent a bit to much or at the wrong people.
Caleb

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Indeed. Machzzzz1 you are out of line on this one.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
When I hear someone's sled ran ... at a certain lake on the radar I'm a little skeptical myself.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I wrote a post about this whole thing and i deleted it.  

I since rethough everything.

All i want is toydoc to stop the critiziem at me and ill respect his opinions as well.  

I can see now that toydoc is a very serious person and regardless of what he says is as brand loyal to yamaha as i am to doo.  

In real life I dont really care about whats faster or better.  I look at all brands and have respect for them.  Ill stick up for doo because my experiance with them has been excellent and there history and racing history is impressive.  

One thing that you are wrong about is me being a Doo fanatic.  I dont dream about skidoo ware yellow underware or talk non stop about doo.  I will try to convince people to buy them but thats my nature im a sales man from 8:30 in the morning till 5:00 in the afternoon so when i jump on this site im still going.

And i never bashed the RX-1 i respect it but fear that by putting a 4 stroke in a sled they have switched on the trash compactor for 2 strokes.  And you have to admit that it could happin and my worry has merit.  Look snowgoer already gave the RX-1 sled of the year and in my opinion the REV should have taken it.  

THe Rx-1 is a conventional sled with a excellent design and a new and inovative engine concept.

The Rev is a new style sled that improves every aspect of riding and performance except emmitions levels and yes it still requires oil to be burned.  

I used to be a pure yamaha fan about as big a yamaha fan as i am a doo fan now.  I never liked either for there performance but i look first at there ride quality.  If you want to race then you will modify so please when compairing brands you cant really say your brand is better because there is always someone faster.

SO this is where im coming from.

Toydoc, yamaha owners, and the allways policing ROCKETMAN peace!!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Um...Machzzzz1.....toydoc rides cat....

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I know he has a turbo 580 (I think) But i also think he has a bunch of yamahas some classics.  He also might have a Vmax 4.  

But thats not the point.  If you read his posts he is definitly loyal to yamaha.  I dont have a problem with that.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What (toys) I have in my garage with paper work in my name:
2- Hondas
2- Suzukis
3- Kawasaki
3- Arctic Cats (1 "Z")
8- Yamahas (5 are vintage stuff)
AND I'm working in the pits this weekend on two Polaris sleds.
#14 Pro Stock 1000
#44 Open Mod 1000
(both #1 qualifiers for the weekend)
Does that look brand loyal?
My last 2 new sleds are Cats!

A post was made in the Yamaha form about a 600cc stock sled that ran a 5.6 for a fact.
I said WOW, that is VERY fast, world record fast.
(I was in the pits when the last world record was set:
#44 Open Mod 1000 Polaris 4.29 grass 500'  )
I don't care what brand it is looks like the bar is moved up, cool.
So I ask to see the post, not a big deal.
Now I realy don't care...

Last edited by toydoc at Sep. 07, 2002, 09:18am

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Wow Toydoc thats an impressive list.....you must be single and if not does your wife have a sister? jk Where would one store that kind of hardware?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Toydoc - I'm guessing that's why your forum name is what it
is and not YamahaDoc. Sounds like you like to tinker or
wrench and play with anything that might be fun or fast.
And that, to me, is what it's all about. Fast and/or fun!

Maybe you should change it to funDoc. Just kiding!  

Nice cylinder index by the way. You must have a pole barn
or a garage just for the toys. Do you have that bumper
sticker on your car or truck that says "He who dies with the
most toys wins"?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts