Snowmobile World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get insurance. I dumped Mass because they turned into a bunch of idiots. Can anyone give me some names and numbers of companies who give good quotes!

!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I suggest calling Liberty Mutual personally. I have them

i"m 23 and I have a 1999 mxz 600. I have full coverage and I pay $133 a year :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
safeco is who i have. i also have them on for my auto policy but im 19 2000 mxz 700 payin 167 a year for full coverage with 250 dollar deductible. :hallo1:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by Hardcore & Pimped Out@Oct 30 2002, 09:56 PM
I need to get insurance. I dumped Mass because they turned into a bunch of idiots. Can anyone give me some names and numbers of companies who give good quotes!

!!!
See my post in General snowmobiling under snowmobile Ins. Should have read snowmobile Insurance. In is not about a list of inn to stay at in canada. :)

I dumped Mass as well. :cussing:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have been in the insurance industry for 6 years. I was an agent for 4 years and moved into management 2 years ago. Be careful when you are shopping for a new carrier. Having cheap insurance is not necessarily good insurance. I have seen some [email protected]$$ agents in my time, who sell what they don't even understand. By far, the most important thing is that you find an agent who you feel comfortable with, and really knows what he is talking about. Many don't. I would also look for a reputable company with a good financial standing and strong customer and claim service. LASTLY, I would factor in price.

If you tell me where you live, I may be able to point you towards a few good companies. Remember, you are best off placing all of your business with the company to get the best deal and make sure you are adequately covered. Your driving and claim records also are important, as well as your credit (yes, most companies use credit factors in rating). Also, be sure to understand the coverage, or lack there of. The most common problem I see with snowmobile policies is that they lack medical payments coverage. This may be due to error, or because it is costly. It could also be because the snowmobile is insured on a homeowners policy, which does NOT cover medical for you or any resident family members. This may be fine, but you have to understand how it works.

Remember:
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Try state farm, i had them for many years, no problems, good rates.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
thames insurance in brantford they want cars to go with the sleds also. 519-757-1000 saved $800.00 alone on the sleds and got collision that i never had before.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I called Liberty Mutual about my 03 800 REV. They wanted about 250 for sled and 500 more for my truck than what I pay now. I just laugh. I have a perfect driving record,single,old. The best rate I got was Auto Owners Insurance. For 1100 a year this is what they are covering.

98 GMC
89 Geo
03 800 REV
01 R&R Enclosed
Home Owners
10,000 in Life Ins.

250 deductibles, 100,000/300,000 liability

Hope this helps someone. I spent a month getting quotes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts