Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to get my hands on a JD Liquidator. Would like it to be complete (running or not) and Cheap,Cheap,Cheap!!!!.

I live in Southern MN (about 40 miles south of Minneapolis).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I dont know what your idea of "cheap" is and I am by no means a Deere guy, but you will not find a Liquidator for under $2k. Even if its in parts.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I dont know what your idea of "cheap" is and I am by no means a Deere guy, but you will not find a Liquidator for under $2k. Even if its in parts.[/b]
bingo local guy has one $2,700.

·
Registered
158 Posts
This past winter i saw one for sale in the auto trader for 500 bucks running the sled was in thunderbay ontario. I called him but he said it sold quick, he must of not known what it was worth.

·
Registered
17 Posts
whoever got that Dator for $500(canadian or american) got the sled steal of the year! cylinders and pistons are worth that!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Would like to get my hands on a JD Liquidator. Would like it to be complete (running or not) and Cheap,Cheap,Cheap!!!!.

I live in Southern MN (about 40 miles south of Minneapolis).[/b]

i have about 11 of em...heres the nicest ones....what parts ya looking for?

here the girls riding it in the park this year. i'd sell a couple if ya want

Attachments

·
4,440 Posts
those are liquidfires and trailfires, not liquiDators.[/b]
I bet the 500 dollar one was a liquidfire as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dooman,
You must have about started this site! 2800 posts, and member number #30. I'm member #28,761! I guess I hang out more on the vintagesleds.com site. But even there, I am 2000+ posts behind! :)
I would also bet that $500 sled was a Liquidfire.

·
Registered
30 Posts
those are liquidfires and trailfires, not liquiDators.[/b]

i know....1976......i think i have one as i said......i'll post a pic as soon as i get down to the cave......its in tact and runs.....give me a minute will ya?????? sheeesh, just thought ya might like a mint one for cheap instead......my bad

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know....1976......i think i have one as i said......i'll post a pic as soon as i get down to the cave......its in tact and runs.....give me a minute will ya?????? sheeesh, just thought ya might like a mint one for cheap instead......my bad[/b]

Let me know what you come up with. Just don't make a mistake again, the vultures are circling.

·
Registered
17 Posts
didnt mean to ruffle any feathers. I just have not seen a Liquidator go that cheap before. Hopefully it works out for both of you and keep us posted! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
didnt mean to ruffle any feathers. I just have not seen a Liquidator go that cheap before. Hopefully it works out for both of you and keep us posted! :)[/b]

It's OK. Sometimes you run across a great deal. I just wanted to have a little fun with it.

By the way, I AM still looking.

Take Care.

I found a guy here in Faribault that has an '82 Kawi Interceptor sitting in his back yard under a tarp. I don't think he knows what he's got though. I've been working on him off and on. If I can get it somewhere in the ball park we're talking ($400-$500), it'll be one of the greatest deals I've seen!

·
Registered
17 Posts
that would be another steal on the '82 Kawi Interceptor. Best of luck and keep us posted! If you run across any cats in your travels, I am always looking and can pay a finders fee!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that would be another steal on the '82 Kawi Interceptor. Best of luck and keep us posted! If you run across any cats in your travels, I am always looking and can pay a finders fee![/b]

Update on the "Interceptor".
I went to the house yesterday. The guy wasn't home but his wife let me go take a look at the sled. When he first showed it to me, he pulled the tarp off the seat & tunnel and plain as day were the Interceptor decals.
Yesterday I took the tarp all the way off and found it was a 1980 Invader 440 ( I wondered why he wouldn't show me the whole thing)
His wife said he added the decals "because they looked cool and nobody would know the difference."
Told his wife to tell him I'd be interested if he still wanted to get rid of it though. Called me last night & said he'd take 250.00 for it. Should be picking it up this weekend.

·
4,440 Posts
got aaen twins on my 81 invader. :) nice buy

·
Registered
17 Posts
vanilla gorilla,
On vintagesleds.com there is one listed from Rochester, MN. that must be less than an hour from you. good luck.
For Sale: John Deere Snowmobiles FOR SALE
Posted By: Michael Time Posted: 2007-06-03 19:24:34
Location: Rochester, MN Email: [email protected] Phone: 507-252-5166
I currently have 3 John deere sleds that I am going to
sell. The first is a 1984 Sportfire in awesome
condition and ready to show as is with about 1000
original miles, I also have a 1976 Liquifire with 990
original miles along with a 1976 Liquidator which is
in running condition.

If you have an interest in any of these sleds, give me
a ring at 507-252-5166, my name is Michael. I live in
Rochester MN.