Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local dealership in Barrie, and for the 4 radius rod ends or eyelets, they are $28 bucks a piece. I believe the sizes are 7/16" and 1/2" fine thread. Brafasco was $155 bucks before taxes. Gamma Sales / SPX catalogue sells them for $17 bucks each (all figures Canadian).

I've done some searching online, and can't find any discount places for hardware. Anyone have any luck?

By the way, this is for my '91 Indy 500 Classic.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just took a peek on www.denniskirk.com and the eyelets aren't any cheaper than what I can order through my local sled shop.

I think $18 bucks a pop is the cheapest I'm going to be able to get.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found an auction on eBay.com for the eyelets and the radius rods for $16 bucks Canadian, not including shipping. Hopefully I win, it'll save me a few bucks, AND give me another set of radius rods.

Tyler

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey,

Check out Grainger. They have them for $5.00 to $10.00 US each. Worked great on my 96 Ultra and 96 Indy 500SKS. I am currently putting them on my 95 XLT SP.

Good Luck!

Steve

:christmas:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey,

Check out Grainger. They have them for $5.00 to $10.00 US each. Worked great on my 96 Ultra and 96 Indy 500SKS. I am currently putting them on my 95 XLT SP.

Good Luck!

Steve

:christmas:[/b]
Through an eBay auction, got 4 radius rods (2 lower and 2 upper) w/ the eyelets attached. Going to the post office tomorrow to pick them up. $37 CAD shipped to my door. Can't beat that.

Thanks again,

Tyler

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So what is the part number on the Grainger.com site?

I hope they ship to Canada, but it might still be cheaper @ 18 bucks each Canadian from my local shop.

Thanks again,
Tyler

·
Registered
10 Posts
So what is the part number on the Grainger.com site?

I hope they ship to Canada, but it might still be cheaper @ 18 bucks each Canadian from my local shop.

Thanks again,
Tyler[/b]
Hey Tyler,

Search for "rod ends" on the website. Then all you have to do is measure hole diameter, thread size, thread ptich, LH or RH, and if you have a stud type or through hole type. The thickness of the hole where the pivot is may be a bit less than what you have but a trip to the hardware store should produce some shim washers (or machine washers) to make up the thickness. There are different sizes on the Polaris upper and lower radius arms. Different still yet are all of the steering linkages. Most are fine thread but some are LH thread and some are RH thread.

A little measuring and you will be all set.

Good Luck!

Steve

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steve, for 2 of the rod ends, 1/2" for the radius rods, I'm looking at $20 bucks. Shipping on top would bring me to, for example, $30 US. It's only a few dollars cheaper than buying them through my local shop. I was hoping the rod ends would be much cheaper than what I could buy them here. The shop I deal with sells them for $18 each Canadian, so I'd only be saving a few bucks, less than $10, buying online.

Thanks for the information though!

Tyler

·
Registered
30 Posts
Steve, for 2 of the rod ends, 1/2" for the radius rods, I'm looking at $20 bucks. Shipping on top would bring me to, for example, $30 US. It's only a few dollars cheaper than buying them through my local shop. I was hoping the rod ends would be much cheaper than what I could buy them here. The shop I deal with sells them for $18 each Canadian, so I'd only be saving a few bucks, less than $10, buying online.

Thanks for the information though!

Tyler[/b]
Three or four years ago, I replaced my tie rod ends on a '97 ZL 440. I was able to find them at my local hardware store for around $10 - $12 (US). Just ensure you get the proper RH or LH thread. (Take in your tie rod and see what fits.)

Just throwing in my 2 cents.

Boegey

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Try "Speed Way motors" think it www.speedwaymotors.com They sell every size end left and right threads in every grade you can think of. Worth a look if you need part's like this.[/b]
I ended up just going to the dealership, since I didn't know the exact thread size, etc. I felt it was easier than ordering online, and by chance getting the wrong stuff, and having to deal with that hassle.

Yes, it was $37 bucks per eyelet, but I'll bite the bullet for now.

Thanks again for the info,

Tyler

·
Registered
644 Posts
Other than the price, the factory stuff is great. I really don't think you'll actually save by buying AM stuff anyway considering that factory end use a metal/polymer contact, unlike older and AM parts which can use metal to metal moving parts, forcing one to deal with lubrication and wear issues. The factory synthetic inserts used on current machines last a very long time BTW.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts