Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i am looking for the low profile zx windshield with the X-skidoo decal on it and cant find one, even my dealer says he cant get one right now, does anyone know where i can get one???

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my dealer says the decals are on back order big time too so i cant even get that, but i want the lower windshield because mine came from the factory with the mid cut.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
JW i have to admit I love the look of the low windshield too. It looked heavy on my 01 800 X. But for functionality they suck. I dont know how cold it gets there but up north,cochrane area you need a higher windshield for the cold. Otherwise its almost unbearable at high speed.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the way i see it is the mid is only like 2 inches higher so it cant make a big difference, and the mid cut is cold as heck on frosty nights anyhow so i might as well look good while freezing, its funny not even my dealer can get me one, he can get the low cut but without the X decal. ???

·
Registered
677 Posts
I bought a low(13.5 inches) from sport tech (cobra) that fits real well. I've been told that they offer better wind protection then the doo windshields. I can't vouch for this as I only bought it this summer.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Jwheeler, I know a dealer that would probably for sure have one, I don't know how big of a hassle it would be to have him ship it to you though.

Rob's performance Motorsports- 1(920) 699- 3288

Call, see what happens and let me know.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where are they located steimy??

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes i already seen that, it is what i want but it is partly melted on the top so i skipped putting a bid up. Thanks anyhow!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
PH.# 810-564-1929, DOO dealer in Mich. has about a dozen on the wall, :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nope i worked all day again, so hopefully tomorrow morning i can get on the phone and try that place, i will let ya know, steimy is that place close to you, or is that your dealer??

Last edited by jwheeler at Oct 10 2002, 05:11 PM

·
Registered
664 Posts
It's about an hour from my house. I have other dealers within 20-30 minutes of me but that dealer is simply the best.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had a Cobra windshield on my 700 and it would lay flat on the handle bar pad at about 90 mph. First time it happened I about blew off the back of the sled!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts