Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to some race circuits having given notice of intent to enforce ISR rule concerning how loops/handles are attached to ski bottoms, C & A is working on a new loop that will attach over the tip.  The rule has been on the books, but the word is that it will be enforced this year.  Old loops, apparently, will not be permitted.  Anyone interested in new loops or more info, get a hold of me.  New loops will be UHMW plastic.

If anyone has heard anything different about the rule, let me know.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Word is that CSRA and ASRA will enforce, but heard nothing official.  They list it as a new rule for 03.  What is the word from the WSA?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Clue me in to what this is all about! So a bunch of racers will have to buy new equipment?
Caleb

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris

Did you confirm that with O'Malley and/or Duncan, so we can take it as their official position?

Caleb

If you run C & A Pro, you will have to get new loops if they intend to enforce the rule that the loops have to attach over the tip of the ski.  The new C & A loops have been in the design works and are set to come out soon, hopefully by Princeton.  If you need loops, C & A will be working with the racers to set you up; I believe there will be a racer discount.  I can get you more info if you want.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I don't have them myself I just had no clue there was anything to know about ski loops. What does it matter the inside diamiter and whether they go over the top?
Caleb

A

·
0 Posts
The ski loop is what sets off the race triggers on the line and finish.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
How does the loop affect safety? More detail please. This is intriging. Sounds like a way for companys to make more $$$$$$.
Caleb

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I think it may have arisen from the extruded aluminum skis that the oval racers used. The front was basically machined to a point & the loop attached to the front of the ski. The tape & foam was to prevent the loop from coming off & the ski becoming a spear.

If anyone else has a thought, fill us in.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I can definetly understand the saftey thing now if they are makeing ski's like that. I can't believe competitors would allow oneanother to build skis like this with there lives on the line.
caleb

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
This is a Wahl Bros. ski for IFS oval sleds. I'm not sure exactly how the Nylon or Teflon loop is attached to the ski, but I've seen pictures of oval racing where one of the attaching points will have broken and the loop is straight out from the remaining attachment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts