Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY! WE HAVE SOME SNOW... GOT THE SLED OUT,92 MODEL 550 EXT, STARTED NICE, IDLE GOOD, NOW WHEN I HOLD THE THROTTLE AT AN UPPER RPM SHE JUST ACT'S LIKE I'M NOT GETTING THE GAS, JUST HAD NEW NEEDLE AND SEATS, PLUGS, JETS ARE 330'S... WHEN I HIT THE HAMMER SHE LAUNCHES LIKE A BULLET THEN SEEMS TO JUST ACT LIKE IT'S STARVING. ANY ANSWERS?

·
Registered
394 Posts
just tuned one of these after someone else played with it.  I found that the oil pump was real lean and the slides were not opening up all the way at full throttle.  Check to make sure that the slides open all the way and that the sled is not jetted to lean on the main jets this could be also why.  Also the main jets cold of rattle right out.  Have had that happen so the led has no power from 3/4 to wide open.  Good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WELL WE WE-JETTED MY 550EXT TO 310'S FROM 330'S,CHECKED THE SLIDES,NEEDLE AND SEATS...ECT THE SLED RUNS GREAT AT IDLE AND AROUND THE YARD...THEN TAKE'S OFF LIKE A BULLET DOWN THE ROAD, 1/4 MILE OR SO... THEN AGAIN COMING BACK THE SLED STARTS SHUTTERING AS IF IT'S STARVING FOR GAS, THE MECHANIC THINKS MAYBEE IT'S ELECTRICAL? TODAY WE ARE GOING TO CHECK FOR A CLOGED GAS TANK VENT DUE TO THE FACT THIS ONLY HAPPENS AFTER THE SLED IS RUN A FEW MINUTES OR SO. ANY SUGJESTIONS?
HELP!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts