Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to thinking about all this power to weight ratio business and thought why not loose some
weight off my fat gut. Well anyways went on a diet in the spring and managed to loose 40 lbs.
I also shed 10 lbs. off my sled by not running studs with my new predator track.  So thats 50lbs
divided by 7 for an easy gain of 7 hp over last year. If you think about it  dollar for dollar  that's
pretty cheap hp.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I could stand to lose a bit too, but food just tastes too good!! LOL

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mxz7 @ Sep. 18, 2002, 10:11pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good for you man. I could also lose a few,but not quite as much as Snow Monkey  

[/b][/quote]
GOOD ONE......LOL

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
there is one good thing about being heavy guys, and that is your sled will hook up better out of the hole

Actually i could stand a few more pounds for better starts because my 155 lbs dont work good at the lights, but it actually helps out on top.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Congrats man, thats great.

I've been struggling to loose a few, but its usually the summer that makes me want to drop some.  I never thought of the winter advantage.

FishHog

·
Registered
268 Posts
Save money and gain power to weight hmmmm...
If I become anorexic my machine will really haul!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
My hat off to ya
I had given up on being slim and
just kept buying bigger sleds to offset the excess poundage but your plan has got me thinkin about droppin a few before
the snow flies

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have lost just about 50lbs starting this spring so the FIII will be much lighter now, coupled with the MBRP widening kit it should feel like a new sled! someone had asked how to lose the weight, what I did was watch my carbohydrate intake....I love pasta, bread etc.... the main thing is now I drink all diet soda or water, or things like lemonade and iced tea. Next my diet consists of (weekdays) 1 serving of cereal (with milk) for breakfast (breaktime at work), for lunch a sandwich, with a banana or some veggies or if I am in a rush a frozen dinner with less than 50g carbohydrates total. Before supper, small snack (I eat dinner on the later side 7-730 pm or so) something like veggie sticks, a granola bar, 1/2 serving of cereal with 2% milk. For dinner I will have a "normal" meal like 1/2 a chicken breast, 6-8 oz of beef or pork, a vegetable or two, small serving of rice, pasta, or taters (1/2-1 cupfull). About an hour before bed I usually will have the "no sugar added" fudgesicle, or sugar free jello or jello pudding. The weekends I try to stick to the same diet, but will allow myself a small ice cream or a dinner out, just order less and take the time to eat slower you will be surprised how much earlier you will feel full. remember, count carbs 300 or so grams per day, diet drinks, no cheating till the weekend, and slow down at meal time and think about if your full or not. Good Luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Slarson
Thats just about what i've been doing and on top of that I exercise 20 minutes a day 5 or 6
days a week. I ride an incumbent execise bike thats set in front of the tv so I don't die of
boredom.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts