Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 polaris xc sp 700  i changed the clutch kit befor i changed it , it would turn up to 8200 after i turned to 7900 the helix that i got and put in is a 48-36 i had it ste in the number 3 hole now i have it set in the number 5 hole i got an other 100 or so rpm from doing that what can i do to get more rpm im still missing around 150 or 200 rpm

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Who is the kit through, and what was the kit designed to do or improve?  
If you are looking to get more top end rpm you have a couple options.  You can install a less stiff spring, or lighter weights, but you have to remember that if you change one thing, it can change 10 other things....  If it is a kit you bought, it was probably designed to run at that speed and is designed to give you more of a hole shot or something.  Your best bet would be to contact the company you bought the kit from and ask them these questions, because if you change the spring or weights to get your top end rpm up, it may screw up the rest of your clutching with that kit.....

·
Registered
692 Posts
my mach 1 is clutched and geared to rocket threw the trails and short sprints! i have lost a ton off top end but thats the way i want it threw the trails! the thig is you really cant have tboth worlds? stock will give you the best top end i think!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the from cudney racing  7900 is where i got the most hp it will give me 3 to 5 sled lenths in 1320 ft and its got better up and down shift it does what they said and it helped clean up  the bottom end where it was really running bad stock , stock it clucthed at 4200 now its 4800 it seems to be working great . i got it up to 8000 now but  im going to turn it back to 7900 and next fall i will add a boost bottle and a set off v force reeds to see if i can get the rpm up that way
 i want top and bottom  

·
Registered
692 Posts
you move at 4800 my clutch moves at 5100, the v force will help also a set of pipes will add. what do your have for gears in it stock or mods? nothing like wacken it and getting a great mid range in a snap

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i still have the stock gears in . im new to all this its the first snowmobile i have had in a few years , so i really need help , my last sled was a indy 500 i think it was a 1994 so this is a step up. i just got my 2000 700 xc sp new this year  

·
Registered
59 Posts
Whiteice if they said the peak horsepower is at 7900 rpm then leave it there, because if u go past it u will fall off the hp curve and loose speed.

·
Registered
172 Posts
really quick as in 660 feet? or real quick as in trying to hit 110 MPH?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1000 IMP i would like to be quicker in 1320 ft on the speedo my top speed now is 120 mph on hard track . i would like to keep that to

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by phazerhater@Feb 27 2002, 12:29 AM
Who is the kit through, and what was the kit designed to do or improve?  
If you are looking to get more top end rpm you have a couple options.  You can install a less stiff spring, or lighter weights, but you have to remember that if you change one thing, it can change 10 other things....  If it is a kit you bought, it was probably designed to run at that speed and is designed to give you more of a hole shot or something.  Your best bet would be to contact the company you bought the kit from and ask them these questions, because if you change the spring or weights to get your top end rpm up, it may screw up the rest of your clutching with that kit..... ???
"if it was the kit you bought it was probably desinged to run at this speed" This statement is TOTALLY FALSE it is your EXHAUST PIPE THAT DETERMINES WHERE YOUR ENGINE NEEDS TO RUN!!!!!!!!if you lost rpm it is probably because the kit has heavier flyweights or a lighter spring and you need to make adjustments for it.if you boght a complete kit it should have everthing with it.it might be just a matter of a small adjustment.your secondary should not be adjusted to compensate for rpm lose it should be set at the correct pretension for the flyweight your using and left there.the primary should be adjusted for rpm,not to familiar with polaris but they are all basically the same and you should be able to stick a shim under your spring to bring up the rpm,guessing probably around.020 or so thickness.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Originally posted by whiteice_2000@Mar 8 2002, 09:58 AM
on the speedo my top speed now is 120 mph on hard track . i would like to keep that to
I think your speedo is off, but thats typical of them all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts